Public Relations Senior Account Executive (Technology clients)
Location: New York, NY
Senior Account Executive – Technology Public Relations Agency
LOCATION: The Senior Account Executive- Technology PR role reports to our New York Office. We seek qualified NYC metropolitan area applicants for this role (can be in-office or remote-work role). We also welcome qualified current USA Eastern Time Zone applicants wishing to work remotely in this role.
Why work for Finn Partners? Finn Partners is an award-winning, global, integrated marketing and public relations agency. We are a bold collective of communications advocates, who steward brands, protect reputations, influence public policy, and leverage data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day. FINN’s Technology Public Relation team is one of the best in the industry! Our Sr. Account Executives are passionate about public relations and communications, ready to jump-in to enhance this team’s continued success, and love working with leading national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. The SAE is an essential contact for clients, handles the PR day-to-day activities of client media relations and public relations programs and campaigns, and ensures the delivery of high-quality PR strategies and tactics that exceed client expectations.
What are our values? As Peter Finn says, “We work hard- place nice!” - kindness is a key value at Finn Partners. We also value creativity, dedication to our clients, collaboration, respect, diversity and inclusion, mentoring, teaming, and work-life balance.
- Manage multiple concurrent public relations client account teams and programs
- Play an active role in implementing core PR campaigns – planning, media strategy/pitching, event management, social media, industry analyst relations, content writing/editing, research, and account administration
- Secure national, trade, and local media placements by actively researching and pitching compelling story angles
- Exhibit excellent written communication skills with great attention to detail
- Write, proof, and edit client-related documents, including pitches, articles, blog entries, bios, press materials, and meeting reports
- Participate in PR new business pitches
- Be the first point of PR contact for clients
- Manage and professionally develop our public relations technology practice’s junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a technology field.
- 2-3 years of prior PR agency experience working with technology clients
- Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Experience using all Microsoft Office products
- Some experience supervising and guiding junior staff
- Detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, growing environment.
#LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote New York, NY
Anticipated Salary: $63k to $75k. Commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace.
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Please state your target salary in U.S. dollars. While we appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable,” we are seeking a dollar figure in your answer to our question about your target salary.
About FINN Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.