Account Executive – Maverick Travel Public Relations
Location: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Nashville, TN, Los Angeles, CA
Account Executive – Maverick Travel Public Relations
Maverick Creative, a Finn Partners company, is looking for a smart, savvy and driven Account Executive to join our growing team. We are a NYC-based, full-service creative communications agency specializing in travel and lifestyle communications, social media and content creation. We’re a passionate, talented group of go-getters who pride ourselves on a razor-sharp awareness of trends and what’s next. Our clients are (humble brag) the best in the travel biz, if we do say so ourselves, and include Thompson Hotels, Park Hyatt, Arlo Hotels, Rocco Forte Hotels, RVshare, and others. We are a welcoming and diverse group who prize creativity, respect, kindness, attention to detail, and a positive disposition above all else. We currently offer the following perks for this role:
- Generous time-off policy with extra time off during the summer and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Hotel stays
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to Tiffany’s!)
- Complimentary reservations of company house in upstate NY
- Frequent happy hours and team outings
- Wellness subsidy
- Affordable, comprehensive health insurance
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH schedule
Now that we’ve (hopefully) sold you on us, let’s get to the role. Our ideal AE candidate thrives in tackling new challenges every day, has 2-3 years of prior public relations work experience and a proven track record for securing media placements for clients in consumer outlets (feel free to brag!). Travel or hospitality PR experience is a bonus but not required.
The AE has exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, is highly organized, has a proactive take-initiative attitude, and can manage public relations workloads effectively across a variety of client accounts. Utilizing their media relations experience and connections, along with social media experience (ideally), some of the key duties of an AE include, but are not limited to: supporting media relations activity for client accounts, securing earned media, developing and overseeing monthly reports, maintaining client lists, contributing to PR plans and strategies, and brainstorming creative programming and pitches. In this role, work travel and a valid passport are required!
As an AE, you will be a key member of our highly motivated, skilled, collaborative, and creative team engaged in a range of assignments spanning hotel and brand launches, thought leadership, social media and stakeholder engagement. This role is based in our New York office; NYC metropolitan area qualified residents seeking in-office or WFH schedules are desired. WFH qualified applicants residing in the USA Eastern, USA Central time or USA Pacific time zones will also be considered for this position.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and handle day-to-day activities of the account team, client projects and account management to ensure exceptional service to our clients
- Lead client news engine efforts, including developing pitches and securing coverage, working with media on story development, handling incoming media requests
- Cultivate relationships with national, regional, and online media, and with freelancers and influencers; Identify industry trends and build creative and strategic pitches to support them
- Write structured, persuasive copy; highly skilled in writing in a range of styles including: news releases, pitches, media Q&As and status reports Serve as editor and help set direction on development of releases, customer profiles, bylined articles, and other press materials
- Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Lead monthly and annual reporting efforts for our clients, showcasing “wins,” key initiatives and successes
- Support new business proposals, team brainstorm sessions, and staff meetings
- Maintain current knowledge of news and events regarding our clients, their industries, and their competition: read news outlets; know what is happening in the business landscape of our clients; Continuously explore and assess value-added solutions and new ideas for implementation
- 2-3 years prior experience working in a public relations role; travel or hospitality PR experience is a bonus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with traditional and new media, social media and digital campaigns
- Proven experience in pitching and securing stories in top-tier consumer media outlets – including travel, lifestyle, consumer business titles
- Experience in writing and managing client programs and reports
- Strong project management and client relationship skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (includes presentation skills, editing skills, and strong attention to detail)
- Experience working withCision, Muckrack and other measurement platforms
New York, NY #LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.
About Maverick Creative:
Maverick Creative is an NYC-based creative communications agency specializing in modern storytelling for travel and lifestyle clients. Media-forward, digitally visionary and deeply experienced with eyes on the next horizon, Maverick Creative combines razor-sharp awareness of industry trends and a tight embrace of contemporary storytelling with partnership development, content creation, experiential events, executive thought leadership and of-the-moment social media campaigns to grab media and consumers alike. Our clients include global hospitality brands including Hyatt’s Boundless Portfolio, Arlo Hotels and Rocco Forte Hotels; independent and boutique hotels including The Point in the Adirondacks, Asbury Ocean Club in New Jersey and The Shelbourne in Dublin, and travel services like RVshare, Sentient Jet private aviation and others.
Maverick Creative is a spin-off of Finn Partners and enjoys the benefits, leadership and support of Finn’s global team.