Vice President- B2B/Technology PR/Marketing
Location: Chicago, Detroit, Remote
Vice President, B2B/Technology Public Relations/Marketing
Location: Chicago, Detroit, or remote considered
Job Summary: As a Vice President on our team, you will focus on supporting B2B technology accounts and serve as the day-to-day contact for clients. You will build a deep understanding of the client’s business and drive collaboration across the team to deliver amazing work. You will be responsible for building client relationships, leading account teams, directing program activities, tracking deliverables and success metrics, managing budgets, and providing administrative oversight to program scopes and contracts. We’ll also look to you to look for ways to grow your client business and support new business as it arises.
About FINN: Founded in 2011, FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing, independent PR and integrated marketing communications agencies in the world. We have 1400+ employees in 34 offices around the globe and an extensive network of global affiliates and partners in key markets.
Why work for us? More than an agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates who are stewarding brands, protecting reputations, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Most great achievements in science, medicine, the arts, politics, and business are achieved as a result of a group of dedicated individuals coming together with a collaborative spirit. Without every team member, FINN is nothing more than an idea. Together we are special. By working together we are stronger, and it is only by striving together as one team—working hard, playing nice, creating a best-place-to-work environment, taking risks, making the world a better place, and amazing those around us—we can make FINN Partners a truly unique agency. Come be a part of the journey.
- Serve as the main point person for your accounts, handling all communication, leading client calls, meetings, and planning sessions.
- Advise clients on initiatives and programs and manage expectations against the SOW and budget
- Work collaboratively with agency teams to ensure projects are running smoothly, on time, and on budget
- Recommend insight-driven strategic programs and media activations that meet the client’s business and communications objectives and goals
- Develop media strategy documents, goals, media targets, pitch angles, and media materials that are strong in both structure and AP style, and require minimal input from senior team leadership
- Develop strategies/content platforms and concepts that simultaneously leverage traditional and social media for our clients
- Play a pivotal role in business development, both net new and organic, including soliciting new business, creating presentations, sharing the agency visions and point of difference
- Provide counsel and offer problem-solving solutions throughout program execution
- Participate in new business networking and RFP opportunities
- An unflappable problem solver who can anticipate and proactively offer solutions to clients and senior leadership; anticipate problems before they arise through regular client check-ins and communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of top-tier traditional and social media outlets important to clients’ business
- Demonstrate exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication that is clear, concise and direct
- Track record of leading effective campaigns and programs that have advanced client business goals
- Showcase success managing resources and budgets
- Passionate about the clients’ business and continually focuses on strengthening client relationships, ensuring they know our agency and team value
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in technology and B2B marketing communications – ideally in an agency environment. Expertise in AI, blockchain, IoT, retail tech, martech, ecommerce tech and edge computing preferred.
About FINN Partners
FINN Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. FINN Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,400+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.