Senior Insights Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL
Finn Partners is looking for a Senior Insights Specialist to join their marketing team. The Senior Insights Specialist plays a crucial role in supporting the acquisition of new clients. They specialize in collecting and analyzing market intelligence, competitive research, media and industry trend data, and using these various sources of information to develop valuable insights to inform new business pitches and/or client campaigns. Their research uncovers actionable insights to help teams craft compelling narratives and strategic action plans that differentiate clients – ultimately showcasing the agency’s understanding of the market landscape and positioning it as a strategic partner.
This role requires a proactive self-starter and creative individual with expertise in gathering data, an aptitude for digital analysis tools, critical thinking, a keen eye for quickly identifying opportunities and honing in on market, behavioral and category insights, experience working with senior business leaders and teams in a fast-paced, new business environment, and the confidence to challenge status quo thinking.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Market Intelligence:
- Conduct in-depth market research to identify emerging trends, opportunities, and challenges within the client’s industry.
- Analyze competitor activities, strategies, and positioning to provide insights that differentiate the agency in client pitches.
- Prospective Client Analysis:
- Collaborate with the business development team to research and understand the needs, goals, and challenges of potential clients.
- Tailor research findings to showcase the agency’s expertise and align solutions with client objectives during pitches.
- Media Research and Analysis
- Implement a comprehensive media monitoring system to track relevant news, industry updates, and competitor mentions.
- Provide real-time updates on relevant media coverage that can inform the agency’s strategic recommendations for new business opportunities.
- Insightful Reporting:
- Focus on speed-to-insights and compiling and presenting research findings in a clear, concise manner for incorporation into client pitches and proposals.
- Develop data-driven insights that strengthen the agency’s value proposition, demonstrating a deep understanding of the market landscape.
- Database Management:
- Maintain and update databases with accurate and current information related to industries, competitors, and potential clients.
- Ensure data integrity and accessibility, supporting the agency’s ability to respond promptly to new business opportunities.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with account managers, strategists, and business development teams to integrate research seamlessly into client communication strategies.
- Manage internal stakeholder communication and deliverables independently–from initiation of the research phase through to pitch completion.
- Communicate findings effectively, contributing to the overall positioning of the agency as a knowledgeable and strategic partner.
- Proven track record in market research, competitive analysis, or a similar role within a PR or integrated marketing agency.
- Previous experience working with agency teams and clients in diverse industries, showcasing adaptability, speed and clarity within a new business context.
- Familiarity with industry tools and platforms for media research and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Collaborative mindset and experience working in cross-functional teams and with senior business and practice leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
- Prior experience within an agency or a similar setting is imperative to understand the dynamics of client-agency relationships.
- Experience with the nuances of new business development within an agency setting, preferably with experience across all communications channels.
- Experience crafting presentations and proposals tailored to diverse clients and industries.
If this is you, bring your analytical prowess, strategic thinking, and agency-specific expertise to contribute significantly to one of the hottest agencies in the biz.
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,300+ employees, with offices in cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.