Account Supervisor, Travel Public Relations
Location: New York, NY
Come join FINN Partners, an award-winning global integrated marketing agency! We are seeking an experienced Account Supervisor to join our Travel | Lifestyle division.
The ideal Account Supervisor is a resourceful, self-starter and leader who shares our Work Hard-Play Nice values and thrives on tackling new challenges every day and is passionate about all aspects of the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry. He/she/they will be part of a strong, energetic, collaborative, and highly skilled public relations team and work on iconic global travel accounts: hotels and resorts, destinations, luxury products, airlines and travel related services.
The Account Supervisor will lead multiple projects and team members and act as a primary day to day manager for clients with support from senior level executives. You will oversee media relations strategy, client planning and execution, special events and partnership programs for travel clients. The role will lead a motivated team, engage in a range of assignments spanning launches, thought leadership, social media and stakeholder engagement ensuring client success.
This role will be based in our New York office (north of Times Square) with a hybrid schedule of two in-office days.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact along with senior partner, managing overall timeline and budget, establishing your position as the client’s “go-to person”
- Manage day-to-day execution of specific public relations campaigns and programs
- Oversee and lead proactive media relations strategy for accounts to secure earned media
- Lead and mentor junior staff
- Stay in tuned to trends and newsjacking to leverage for client’s earned media
- Create public relations strategy documents incorporating earned, owned and paid tactics, goals and pitch angles
- Organize and lead press trips on behalf of clients and events
- Help develop client marketing content, including media materials, social media content, blog outreach, media pitches, bylines and Q&As
- Anticipate any problem-solving solutions throughout program execution
- Cultivate meaningful media relationships on behalf of clients with a pulse on media comings and goings
- Cultivate new business leads, opportunities, participate in proposals and presentations
- PR agency experience (at least 5 + years) working with travel and/or consumer clients
- A bachelor’s degree in communications is a plus but not required
- Experience successfully driving external programs—media relations, social media, thought leadership
- Strong knowledge of and relationships with top-tier mainstream media outlets in business, lifestyle, consumer, travel and podcasts
- A proven track record securing coverage for clients in national travel/hospitality/lifestyle media outlets and existing, strong relationships with national travel/hospitality/lifestyle media contacts and influencers
- Strong project management, problem solving and executive functioning
- Strong communications skills both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Experience working with Meltwater, Cision, Muckrack, Creater IQ, Infegy a plus
As a FINN team member, you’ll also enjoy:
- A generous time-off policy with extra time off during the summer (Summer Fridays), early close Friday’s once a month, and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Complimentary reservations for our company house in upstate NY
- A Wellness subsidy
- Hybrid WFH model
- Company provided weekly breakfasts and monthly lunches
About Finn Partners
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to be a world-class, best-place-to-work global agency with a heart and a conscience that any major client in key markets around the world would be proud to have as a partner.
More than an integrated marketing agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, pioneering industries, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,400+ employees, with offices in 34 offices in 3 continents. Above all else, our success is driven by one simple thing: client relationships. Fueled by a relentless work ethic and dedication to client success, we do whatever it takes to make them successful while working hard, playing nice, and having fun along the way.