Digital Lead, Midwest Offices
Location: Chicago, Detroit or remote considered. This is a hybrid role.
Digital Lead, Midwest Offices
Location: Chicago, Detroit or remote considered
Job Summary: We’re looking for a veteran digital practitioner to lead our Midwest Digital practice. This individual will be responsible for driving the development and expansion of smart, creative, digital strategies for a wide range of clients — from consumer lifestyle + travel to B2B + technology. The ideal candidate will successfully lead a small but mighty team of six with the goal to grow client business organically and through new business development, collaborating with account teams, creatives, and our agency-wide digital and integrated marketing team.
Our ideal candidate has built and led a digital team from the ground up, is a thought leader in the space, and understands the ever-changing agency landscape. The person has proven success in the creative and fast-paced agency life and can showcase client success stories, business, and revenue growth. They can provide amazing work to clients and lead a growing team that focuses in areas such as digital/social strategy, content creation, paid digital/social campaigns, SEO, SEM, influencer marketing, social research, digital analytics, budgeting, and account administration procedures.
Founded in 2011, FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing, independent PR and integrated marketing communications agencies in the world. We have 1300+ employees in 32 offices around the globe and an extensive network of global affiliates and partners in key markets.
We are smart, passionate, communications advocates on a mission to make a difference in the world. We change the way the brands relate to their markets. The way companies are positioned and perceived. The way causes become movements. How great stories are shared to earn attention. Our work reflects our values.
Why work for us? More than an agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Most great achievements in science, medicine, the arts, politics, and business are achieved as a result of a group of dedicated individuals coming together with a collaborative spirit. Without every team member, FINN is nothing more than an idea. Together we are special. By working together we are stronger, and it is only by striving together as one team—working hard, playing nice, creating a best-place-to-work environment, taking risks, making the world a better place, and amazing those around us—we can make FINN Partners a truly unique agency. Come be a part of the journey.
- Collaborate with digital and earned media experts to develop and lead innovative campaigns that exemplify ahead-of-the-curve marketing techniques and channel planning, integrating organic, paid, and earned content strategies as required to deliver client business objectives
- Actively network with existing contacts in marketing/digital leadership roles across brands to introduce FINN and uncover new opportunities for the agency
- Serve as a strategic digital advisor for clients and provide ongoing thought leadership
- Develop and apply content strategies across the digital ecosystem; ensure the right team is engaged to deliver the best possible creative to achieve against goals and objectives
- Partner with account and creative teams to continuously pull in digital programming to execute on strategy; ensure digital inputs and data are incorporated into the channel plan
Business Development & Agency Visibility
- Help build and mentor a diverse, dynamic team that clients value; educate staff and clients on digital and social media best practices when required
- Stay on top of emerging technology, platform, and consumer trends – translate how trends can deliver on business and communication goals
- Contribute to and lead new business pitches; all pitches integrate digital strategies and KPIs
- Understand measurement and when to pull in experts to design program measurement frameworks
- Help enhance our profile globally through owned channel outreach and engagement, and specifically in the Midwest region; representing the agency as an industry leader
- Keep current with industry developments, trends and interpret appropriate applications to these changes for all accounts; constantly search for what’s new, what’s next and how we as an agency can innovate in the digital space
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in an digitally-forward advertising, integrated marketing or PR agency, including multi-market/global experience
- Thorough knowledge and love of marketing and marketing techniques, including proficiency with data analytics, web, search, paid, influencers, apps, email, and content
- Demonstrate leadership in digital marketing technologies and best practices (from search marketing and web design to social media advertising, influencer marketing, e-commerce, and application development).
- Strong understanding of the creative process and how to develop great work with creative talent and account teams in a collaborative manner
- Strong understanding of integrated marketing communications and public relations, including brand reputation, thought leadership, and experiential. Some exposure to issues management/crisis communications is a plus.
- A deep understanding of what makes for compelling work – whether on social platforms, in video, or in big earned media activations and ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d done that” envy
- Strong consultative skills and proven ability to identify business goals and problems and develop integrated digital marketing solutions
- Experience working at with a wide range of clients, including C-Suite stakeholders
About FINN Partners
FINN Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. FINN Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,400+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.