Public Relations Account Supervisor, PreK-12 Education
Location: New York City,
FINN’s PreK-12 Education Practice (PK12) is looking for a talented and committed Public Relations Account Supervisor with 7+ years of prior communications experience within the education and/or public policy sector. Ideal candidate will have experience in or knowledge of the formal and/or informal PreK-12 education space (such as education policy, early childhood education, primary and secondary education, educator quality, standards and assessment, curriculum development, educational technology, STEM, arts education, social justice, equity and inclusion, school climate, district administration, workforce development, alternative pathways, special education, informal education, student voice, parent and community engagement, etc.). They will join our expanding agency team supporting education client accounts, which include sought-after foundations, non-profit and community based organizations, museums, research institutes, corporate brands and government agencies. We seek applicants for interview screening now and expect to make a quick hiring decision in Q4 2023.
LOCATION: This department is geographically dispersed, with team members in New York, Washington, D.C., Boston, Miami, Indianapolis and Scottsdale. We seek qualified candidates who are comfortable with hybrid work environments, and/or working fully remotely with regular travel to in-person team and client meetings.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of public relations/communications experience, and passion for education and savvy communications. The AS should have a proven record of leading and motivating, creating inspiring PR plans/campaigns, and delivering excellent media results for a variety of clients. Candidates with a deep commitment to education as a pillar of civil society and fundamental belief that all children have a right to high-quality education will find likeminded peers on the PreK-12 education team. The role will collaborate directly with the PreK-12 senior leadership team, reporting directly to the team’s senior partner.
FINN Partners is the fastest growing integrated marketing and communications agency in the United States. We offer a collaborative environment, and an opportunity to grow, learn and contribute. Come check us out – you’ll love what you see!
This position has terrific perks:
- Generous paid vacation days off, paid personal days off, paid sick days off, paid scheduled holidays off, additional paid days off during the summer, and additional paid days off during our Winter closure (between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to cell phones and more)
- Commuter subsidy
- Wellness subsidy
- Outstanding insurance / benefits package
- Career mentorship from some of the best PR pros in the business
- Professional growth opportunities within an award-winning global PR agency
- Work in a gorgeous office building conveniently located near West 53rd St. in Manhattan, just steps from train/bus/subway stations, great restaurants, and Central Park.
Now that we’ve (hopefully) sold you on us, let’s talk more about this role:
- Draft materials with focus on high-quality writing demonstrating understanding of key education issues and policies, including local, national and global agendas.
- Review and develop press materials, including but not limited to pitches, press releases, media advisories, key messages, Q&As, and executive remarks. Quickly and succinctly analyze and digest research findings and trends reports related to education.
- Support the execution of integrated and successful public relations campaigns/programs that exceed client goals.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide proper direction and counsel; and offer problem-solving solutions to clients and colleagues. Provide regular activity reports and other internal and client-facing deliverables in a timely manner.
- Deliver outstanding earned media results.
- Develop overall communications media and communications strategy for clients; manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts.
- Utilize excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage across a wide range of education trades, mainstream news and business publications.
- Establish new media contacts to expand reach across print, online, TV, social, radio and podcasts.
- Infuse innovative digital, creative and social strategies into client programs.
- Generate new business opportunities and help secure new clients; research and participate in new business presentations; develop RFPs that showcase our unique capabilities and proven results.
- 7+ years of prior PR leadership roles; (preference is for prior PR leadership experience in education and/or public policy).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (familiar with AP style).
- Strong communications skills, project management capabilities and proven problem-solving ability.
- Ability to develop and execute both media relations and marketing communications programs successfully.
- Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, thorough.
- Proven history of driving significant results in media and as account team member and leader.
- Exceptional media relationships with top-tier national, global and trade outlets; proven history of generating significant media placements.
- Understanding and interest in education landscape, both in the U.S. and globally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player with a sense of humor and joy for the work.
- Strong sense of collaboration and commitment to education as a fundamental social value for the collective good.
Anticipated Salary: $75K to $100K. Commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace.
Please upload your resume and up cover letter detailing your PR prior work experience and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1500+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.