Internship Summer 2024
Location: Washington D.C., New York
Education truly is the greatest tool for societal change. Education can break down barriers to economic mobility, combat racism, antisemitism, and prejudice, inspire innovation and industry, and move our collective society into new eras of unprecedented advancement. This change starts with high-quality early childhood experiences, advances with immersive K-12 experiences, and evolves further with alignment between postsecondary pathways and the workforce.
If working alongside national and international experts, policymakers, advocates and nonprofits, and major philanthropic funders to advance education in society is exciting to you, then an internship with FINN Partners Education Team is for you. We are looking for full-time internship candidates for Summer 2024.
Candidates would start early to mid-May and work through August.
Education PR Interns will:
- Support organizations at intersection of education, policy, philanthropy and business
- Support effective client engagements: learning the ropes on account management
- Write compelling content: research and produce strong written content
- Engage the media: develop and pitch story ideas that secure coverage for our clients
- Run point on social: be involved in social media content development, community engagement, and campaign management
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and compile daily or weekly media clips for the team and clients
- Research key client issues and develop landscape analysis, media insights and thought leadership opportunities
- Draft written materials such as press releases and advisories, contributed articles, briefing documents, etc.
- Support media relations, including the creation of media lists, pitches, and interview prep materials
- Support monthly reporting to clients across activities, KPIs and other aspects of scopes
- Account management activities such project trackers, assembling agendas and action items, and learning about budget and forecasts
- General account support, including internal and client calls as required and other tasks as assigned
- Support the creation of new business proposal as requested
Role Specific Skills / Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Proficient in AP style as well as writing for social media
- Strong writing and editing skills or experience writing for a variety of platforms, voices and tone
- Deep knowledge of social media tools and platforms such as Canva, LinkedIn, X/Twitter, TikTok, Instagram
- Keen interest in a career in public relations, journalism, public affairs, or communications and marketing
- Interest and basic knowledge of US education system (early childhood, K-12, higher education)
- Ability to maintain self-management on projects and tasks, especially in remote environments
- Self-motivated, friendly and eager to learn