Assistant Account Executive – Maverick Travel Public Relations
Location: New York, NY
Assistant Account Executive – Maverick Travel Public Relations
Maverick Creative, a Finn Partners company, is looking for a smart, savvy and driven Assistant Account Executive to join our growing team. We are a NYC-based, full-service creative communications agency specializing in travel and lifestyle communications, social media and content creation. We’re a passionate, talented group of go-getters who pride ourselves on a razor-sharp awareness of trends and what’s next. Our clients are (humble brag) the best in the travel biz, if we do say so ourselves, and include Thompson Hotels, Park Hyatt, Arlo Hotels, Rocco Forte Hotels, RVshare, and others. We are a welcoming and diverse group who prize creativity, respect, kindness, attention to detail, and a positive disposition above all else.
LOCATION: Our team is based in NYC and California. We seek applicants for this AAE role who already reside in the metropolitan NYC community and who are seeking NYC in-office work.
We currently offer the following perks:
- Generous time-off policy with extra time off during the summer and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Hotel stays
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to Tiffany’s!)
- Complimentary reservations of company house in upstate NY
- Frequent happy hours and team outings
- Wellness subsidy
- Affordable, comprehensive health insurance
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH schedule
Now that we’ve (hopefully) sold you on us, let’s get to the role.
The AAE will proactively develop media relationships to garner impressive placements in national, regional, trade media (print, broadcast and online). We require someone who is a quick learner, rapidly executes tasks effectively, loves to multi-task, is detail oriented, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and who is able to travel to client locations, participate in press trips and attend client events as needed. The AAE must have a passion for the travel and the hospitality industry, enjoy proactively reading and researching trends within the field, and have a knowledge of social media for use in client engagement. In this role, work travel and a valid passport are required (!).
The AAE also assists in researching and analyzing issues relevant to the client in supporting day-to-day public relations account activities and administration. We encourage every team member to excel, and fast track, by impressing us with capabilities above the norm. This role is based in our New York office; NYC metropolitan area qualified residents seeking in-office or WFH schedules are desired.
- Support team members by handling daily account activities including client correspondence.
- Answer media lead inquiries, develop pitches and work with targeted media on story development. Serve as the daily contact person for media and Travel PR clients. Handle standard media requests, maintain strong media relationships, and create and update media lists.
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks and program elements.
- Research and monitor client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
- Assist in account administration duties such as client account activity reports. Prepare meeting agendas and meeting notes.
- Assist in research and preparation for new business pitches.
- Coordinate production and distribution of material with internal service departments to create print and video products.
- Organize and implement events and promotions for the client.
- Represent client at events or trade shows.
- Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, third party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client’s message.
- Assist in the mentorship and coaching of department Interns.
- Contribute to the success of Maverick Creative and our sister agency, FINN Partners Travel & Lifestyle division
- A bachelor’s degree
- Prior PR agency work experience, or PR / Communications/ Journalism internship experience.
- Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns.
- Strong project management skills managing concurrent multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including PR writing and editing skills).
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, focused on achievement, a team player, professional/polished, enthusiastic, service-oriented, and eager to learn.
- Strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively multi-tasking and delivering required results by deadlines.
- Must be able to travel for business as required by the dept., in accordance with Finn Partners policy.
- Experience using all Microsoft Office products.
- Prior experience in travel/tourism public relations is a huge plus but not required,
New York, NY #LI-KM1
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your travel public relations prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Maverick Creative:
Maverick Creative is an NYC-based creative communications agency specializing in modern storytelling for travel and lifestyle clients. Media-forward, digitally visionary and deeply experienced with eyes on the next horizon, Maverick Creative combines razor-sharp awareness of industry trends and a tight embrace of contemporary storytelling with partnership development, content creation, experiential events, executive thought leadership and of-the-moment social media campaigns to grab media and consumers alike. Our clients include global hospitality brands including Hyatt’s Boundless Portfolio, Arlo Hotels and Rocco Forte Hotels; independent and boutique hotels including The Point in the Adirondacks, Asbury Ocean Club in New Jersey and The Shelbourne in Dublin, and travel services like RVshare, Sentient Jet private aviation and others.
Maverick Creative is a spin-off of Finn Partners and enjoys the benefits, leadership and support of Finn’s global team.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.