Location: Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver, remote considered (except Colorado)
Finn Partners has an opening for an experienced Vice President level for its Portland, Oregon office.
Our team is one of the best in the industry. We seek people who are passionate about communications, ready to roll up their sleeves, and contribute to the success of the team. This is an opportunity to oversee planning and execution of client programs to meet business objectives and to grow existing business.
You will join a team that works with local and national clients in the healthcare, financial, and tech industry. Candidates should have extensive agency and professional experience. This position will pursue, develop, and lead new business presentations, manage, and cultivate staff members, and make significant contributions to strategic communications plans and execution for clients. The VP candidate will maximize value by reflecting the business strategy of the practice, contribute to maintaining and expanding existing business, win new business and set the tone for how the business is managed.
- Develop and grow client relationships.
- Provide counsel, strategy, and execution with the client team.
- Productively provide ideas to client to maximize communications results and/or anticipate issues.
- Manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts.
- Manage and assist the development of account staff.
- Develop complete communications plans for client.
- Maintain industry contacts to stay informed on current industry affairs.
- Counsel and build relationships with peers in industry and with other FP practice areas.
- Curiosity and an ability to think creatively.
- Ability to plan strategically and globally.
- Ability to assess and win potential new business opportunities.
- Skill at developing and delivering presentations and pitches for clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to understand the experiences of other FP employees and incorporate them into successful business strategies.
- Strong oral, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage client profitability.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to budget programs and manage client finances.
- Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings.
- Extensive professional experience.
- Years of specialization in field.
- Comprehensive understanding of client, practice, and industry.
- Comprehensive experience in and understanding of public relations.
- College degree.