Vice President- Partner: Earned Media Team Leader (Central Region)
Location: Chicago, Detroit, Remote Considered (except Colorado)
VICE PRESIDENT-PARTNER: EARNED MEDIA TEAM LEADER
FINN is seeking a VP-PARTNER, EARNED MEDIA TEAM LEADER. to join our expanding Central region (remote role considered). Do you have the connections to make things happen? Are you energized by the pitch and passionate about creative storytelling? If so, come shine with FINN Partners, helping to grow and lead our Central Region Earned Media Relations team — composed of passionate storytellers with a pulse on the news and an eye on the latest trends to optimize the best media strategies on behalf of our clients..
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of the media landscape, have proven success building lasting relationships with key media, love telling amazing stories, and have the confidence and ability to develop breakthrough pitches that get noticed across all platforms.
FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing global, independent agencies. We serve clients through a powerful combination of hands-on partnership, highly specialized expertise, and a values-driven culture that champions integrity, collaboration, and innovation — always leading with a heart and a conscience in all we do. We pride ourselves in our multi-specialty, crossover teams who bring diverse perspectives to clients. Ideal candidates are highly creative, socially savvy and integrated team players who know how to bring strategic and smart, big and scrappy thinking to the table.
This role will support clients across a number of sectors — from consumer lifestyle + travel to B2B + technology. Our client roster is ever evolving as we continue to grow exponentially in 2021. If you are focused solely in one area, we’d still love to meet you. The ideal candidate will have agency experience.
- Develop overarching and tactical earned media strategies for accounts — including campaign activations, executive visibility, thought leadership and ongoing efforts
- Generate long-term plans and program recommendations for clients and oversee and play active part in execution
- Help generate creative and integrated ideas and opportunities
- Maintain daily client contact for all media executions
- Actively participate in an integrated agency team, as a PR representative with a focus on media results
- Develop KPI measurement strategy for campaigns and deliver on them
- Account for quality control and review of client correspondence, proposals, press materials, messaging Q&As, etc.
- Lead media account team through activations, and develop jr. media talent on the team
- Attend account reviews and staff meetings – provide ongoing communications and feedback
- Participate in team staffing activities, including reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates
- Assist with the leadership of the agency media team by developing jr. media talent and providing strategic inputs across the group and accounts
- 8+ years public relations experience focusing on media relations in consumer lifestyle + travel to B2B + technology
- Experience in placing technology, corporate/marketing brand and executive leadership stories
- Ability to multitask on a fast-paced account, providing one-off media POVs to clients’ in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PR agency experience
- Proven media relations skills, including developing strategy, building and maintaining media relationships and pitching and landing stories
- Experience leading large scale, integrated activations and campaigns
- Strong writer – ability to craft messages and story narratives for both trade and consumer audiences
- Strong managerial skills – ability to manage and prioritize multiple work streams and staff
- Proven experience working within an IAT
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be proactive and flexible, a team player able to work in a fluid environment with changing priorities
- Proven skill in client strategy and team leadership