Vice President, Media Relations Health
Location: New York, NY
Finn Partners is seeking a dynamic Vice President, Media Relations Specialist to join our growing global Health Practice. The role provides the ability to work with some of the most exciting healthcare clients in the biotech, medtech and pharma spaces and lead the media landscape across the health practice.
Finn Partners is the fastest growing firm in the United States and recently selected as a Holmes Report “Midsize Agency of the Year.” We offer a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment and an opportunity to grow, learn and contribute. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with leading healthcare communications mentors eager to share and teach. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone eager to make a difference and be part of the Practice growth journey.
- Help develop client content, including media materials, online content, blog outreach, media pitches, bylines and Q&As
- Deliver high-quality programs that meet and exceed client goals
- Be point person for key accounts on all media relations activities – review invite lists, pitching lists, writing reports, balance multiple accounts etc
- Proactively engage with target media, including top-tier and broadcast outlets, to generate results and premium positioning
- Oversee a wide range of media outreach activities and measure results for clients
- Develop overarching and tactical media strategies for accounts, including campaign activations, executive visibility, thought leadership and ongoing efforts
- Manage press and event planning alongside an overall media relations strategy
- Maintain and grow relationships with reporters across top-tier, business and healthcare industry outlets
- Understand key client competitors and their business strategies
- Position brands strategically with media. Monitor and report on media trends
- Run client calls that demand on-the-spot recommendations #LI-AB1
- Strategize storytelling around the media landscape – including editorial calendars, media moves programs, and subscribing to media newsletters
- A bachelor’s degree
- PR agency experience 10+ years working on clients in the healthcare space
- Strong health media background working in the med tech, pharma and biotech spaces and have extensive healthcare media relations contacts
- A current track record of success in building relationships with media relevant to the healthcare industry, and driving results for clients
- Proven media relations skills, including developing strategy, building and maintaining media relationships and pitching and landing stories
- Excellent writing and project management skills
- Impeccable client relationship skills and experience working with high touch clients
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Experience using all Microsoft Office products
Strong preference is for candidates in the New York metro area. However, we may consider remote candidates in the Central, Eastern and Pacific time zones.
About Finn Partners:
Founded in 2011 on the core principles of innovation and collaborative partnership, FINN Partners has grown from about $24 million in fees to almost $170 million in fees over ten years, becoming one of the fastest growing independent public relations agencies in the world. The full-service marketing and communications company’s record setting pace is a result of organic growth and integrating new companies and new people into the FINN world through a common philosophy. With more than 1,400 professionals across 33 offices, FINN provides clients with global access and capabilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia. FINN Partners clients are also supported through longstanding partner agencies and its membership in the PROI network of leading agencies around the world. Headquartered in New York, FINN has offices in: Atlanta, Bangalore, Beijing, Boston, Chicago, Delhi, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Guam, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Jerusalem, Kuala Lumpur, London, Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, Munich, Nashville, Orange County, Paris, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Vancouver and Washington D.C. Find us at finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @finnpartners.