Vice President, Manufacturing Public Relations Agency
Location: New York, NY
Vice President, Manufacturing Public Relations Agency
LOCATION: The department is New York, NY based. We welcome metropolitan area NYC applicants seeking in-office/work from home hybrid, applicants residing within commuting distance to any FINN Partners US office location seeking in-office/work from home hybrid, or applicants living in USA Eastern, Central or Pacific time zones seeking fully remote work.
If you are eager to partner in public relations with the world’s leading companies on issues such as sustainability, robotics, supply chain or automation, consider joining our Manufacturing PR team at FINN Partners, a global integrated marketing agency that is an award-winning Best Place to Work.
The Manufacturing PR sector of FINN Partners is seeking a seasoned public relations Associate Vice President (AVP) or Vice President (VP) ready to join a fast paced, collaborative and creative team. We have one job opening that can be filled by a candidate at either of these 2 career levels (dependent upon candidate’s work experience). In this position, you will work closely with clients to deliver integrated programs across earned media, social media, and digital media that drive brand reputation and sales. We are willing to train public relations experienced candidates about our clients’ industry issues and trends – do not let your current unfamiliarity with manufacturing clients stop you from joining our supportive and kind working environment.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is skilled at establishing and implementing strategic integrated communications programs that meet client goals, has a proven track record for generating strong earned coverage in business and trade media and can motivate and mentor junior staff. The candidate must also be able to build relationships at the senior most levels of client organizations, have experience managing resources and budgets and possess exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Recommend and deliver high quality programs that meet and exceed clients’ business and communications objectives and goals.
- Develop media strategy documents, goals, media targets, pitch angles and media materials; participate in media outreach and supervise the media relations efforts of the teams he/she works with.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact managing overall timeline and budget, establishing his/her position as the client’s “go to” person in all matters related to program execution.
- Provide counsel and offer problem-solving solutions throughout program execution.
- Cultivate and manage relationships at the senior most level of client organizations, meeting with executives regularly to provide consultation and strategy and strengthen the bond with the agency.
- Manage and help develop a growing team.
- Be an active participant in new business and RFP opportunities; regularly identify and pursue opportunities for organic business growth.
- 6+ years of PR experience in a public relations agency, communications agency, or corporate setting; business-to-business background ideal.
- Experience successfully driving strategic and complex integrated communications programs.
- Showcase success managing resources and budgets.
- Strong track record of media relations experience, including with business and trade media.
- Ability to generate business (organic and new) and to build relationships at senior most levels of client organizations.
- Demonstrate exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communications that is clear, concise and direct.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and capable of overseeing multiple complex programs and projects.
- Aptitude for understanding and interest in technology-based businesses.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic attitude and curious nature.
- Enjoys working with other talented people in a creative, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
New York, NY #LI-KM1 #LI-hybrid #LI-remote
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. Please also share the link to your writing samples/work portfolio.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.