User Experience Designer, Marketing Technology
Location: New York, Nashville, or Washington, DC
Finn Partners is a dynamic and fast-growing global integrated communications and marketing firm. We’ve created a position for a digital communications agency experienced UX designer – *this is not an IT Dept. role.* This is a great match for a user experience professional who can synthesize user, client, and technical needs into compelling digital experiences.
UX designers team with specialists in our agency’s art direction, UX design, and digital strategies departments. In order to do this effectively, our user experience designers need to understand the disciplines of UX design, digital content strategy, art direction/visual design, and basic HTML/CSS/JS.
If you are passionate about the intersection of user experience and data analysis and enjoy working on a small team where you are empowered to deliver on your vision, you’ll love this role. As part of this group, you’ll be working on the modernization of the marketing technology and data stack, advanced measurement and analytics, and the intersection of technology and the marketing operating model.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex ideas with clients, teammates, and leaders via sketches, wireframes, prototypes, spreadsheets, user flows, and site maps.
- Direct a development team who will build and structure systems to store digital content and make it usable.
- Create and promote user-centered design that is intuitive, usable, and modern by managing strategic planning for website projects for a wide array of clients.
- Works closely with our clients to analyze and understand their business needs, identifies content hierarchies and user interface requirements, and determines required wireframe diagrams and documentation.
- Applies her/his creative thinking and solid understanding of UX to ensure our team creates websites with optimal usability.
- 2+ years of digital marketing agency / communications agency-based experience in user experience research and interactive website design
- Experience being organized, thinking beyond what is asked, multi-tasking projects and competing priorities, and thriving in a fast paced and evolving work environment.
- Experience in communications agency-based UX teams spanning multiple disciples including: User Research, Content Strategy, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, UI Development and Visual Design.
- In-Depth experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision, Sketch, Figma etc.
- Strong knowledge of industry tools for documentation creation and of assets to capture and communicate edited ideas.
- Clear understanding of web accessibility standards and internationalization, experience making complex concepts understandable to clients and colleagues, strong team player skills, progressive thinking and problem-solving skills, and outstanding communication and presentation skills.
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of professional work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeing your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.