Sustainability Account Supervisor
Location: Washington D.C.
FINN’s corporate sustainability team in Washington D.C. is looking for an entrepreneurial Public Relations Account Supervisor to join our growing team delivering sustainability communications and advocacy campaigns for major corporations, non-profits, and global foundations. This is a growth position with opportunity to run the ball on media relations and other strategic communications program areas for our enviable roster of blue-chip corporate clients.
We’re looking for someone with a nose for news, appreciation for the power of social media and influence, and a real passion for driving sectoral change around impact issues of our time, like climate change, food security, waste reduction, and more.
You’re a committed team player with a can-do sprit who enjoys the comradery of a small team as well as the resources and benefits of an award-winning global integrated public relations and marketing firm committed to purpose-driven work.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in sustainability/environmental communications, preferably working in B2B corporate environment, for NGOs, or for intergovernmental organizations. You must understand the basic concepts of conservation and sustainable development and have familiarity if not fluency with the media who cover these issues and the forums and venues where critical corporate sustainability dialogue is taking place.
- Serve as account lead on a variety of client programs, proactively developing and executing strategy, contributing creative ideas and meaningful, measurable, approaches to honing news angles, storytelling, and content creation that support business and reputational objectives of clients.
- Forge relationships with relevant influencers and stakeholder groups to extend client programs and uncover opportunities for collaboration.
- Utilize excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage across a wide range of education trades, mainstream news and business publications.
- Manage and execute social/digital media programs aligned to visibility and awareness objectives of clients, including leading content planning and posting for social media campaigns.
- Establish new media contacts to expand reach across print, online, TV, social, radio and podcasts.
- Infuse innovative digital, creative and social strategies into client programs.
- Develop a wide variety of written collateral/content such as press releases and media advisories, strategic plans, presentations, and reports.
- Cultivate and manage executive level thought leadership and speaking opportunities
- Manage early career staff and contractor relationships to ensure delivery of high- quality products.
- Contribute to new business development; research and participate in presentation; support leadership in identifying and cultivating news business targets
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-7 years of corporate in-house or agency experience, or experience on Capitol Hill or at an advocacy organization in a communications capacity.
- Mature, kind, proactive, detail-oriented, enthusiastic self-starter
- Demonstrated tactical proficiency in writing, content development, traditional and digital media relations, project management, presentation development, and other industry competencies. Familiar with AP style is a must.
- Curiosity and a knack for “googling” and using other research resources to get smart fast or fill knowledge gaps to support client programs
- Exceptional media relationships with top-tier national, global and trade outlets; proven history of generating significant media placements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines.
- Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player with a sense of humor and joy for the work.
- High fluency in Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Demonstrated business etiquette in both meetings and written client communications.
LOCATION: Washington D.C. metro area. We are a hybrid work environment with 2-3 anchor, in-office days for our entire team as well as flexible remote work the remainder of the week.
ANNUAL SALARY AND BENEFITS : $70,000-75,000. Commensurate with experience. This position is also eligible for performance bonuses.
This position has terrific perks:
- Generous paid time off, including Winter closure (between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to cell phones and more)
- Commuter subsidy
- Wellness subsidy
- Outstanding insurance / benefits package
- Career mentorship from some of the best PR pros in the business
TIMING: Screening for this position is underway with a decision to be made in Q4 2023.
TO APPLY: Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your PR prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Our Purpose practice works with a broad range of corporations, nonprofits, associations, and government agencies to raise awareness for major social and environmental causes and manage issues related to corporate sustainability priorities. Our campaigns on the digital divide, diversity & inclusion, sustainability, ESG, women’s economic empowerment, LGBTQ+ rights, mental health, caregiver support, and health & wellness, have strengthened our clients’ reputations and elevated the voices of those on the frontlines. We support a range of corporate imperatives around climate change, food security, waste reduction and more. We are a hands-on group of creative, strategic thinkers who are ultimately rewarded by the impactful work we accomplish with our clients.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 500 employees, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.