Location: New York
LOCATION: This is a direct hire, full time, Staff Account role in the global headquarters of award-winning public relations and integrated marketing agency – FINN PARTNERS. The Finance Dept. is based in the Finn Partners NYC Global HQ and we seek qualified applicants residing in the NYC metro area. Qualified applicants residing in other USA regions who seek “work from home” status will also be considered.
Come join our collaborative Finance team where kindness, hard work, diversity, work accuracy, and attention to detail are highly valued. Bring your 2+ years of prior staff accounting work experience in general ledger accountability, financial reporting and finance special projects to this exciting Staff Accountant position at FINN PARTNERS, and report to the Controller.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger including preparation of journal entries and account analyses.
- Research and reconcile all general ledger discrepancies.
- Audit and verify documents.
- Update accounting schedules on monthly basis.
- Review and reconcile monthly intercompany activity.
- Analyze and reconcile monthly revenue by making appropriate journal entries.
- Interface with Group Heads and Senior Partners regarding monthly billing and revenue.
- Assist in preparation of financial and bank audits.
- Prepare monthly sales tax reports for Nashville office.
- Use various banking planforms to prepare daily cash reports that are distributed to management.
- Post daily receipts to accounts receivable sub ledgers; follow up on any payment discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly cash-flow reports for management.
- Assist with collections.
- Fill out ACH and new vendor forms.
- Perform other accounting and administrative tasks as required by the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Controller.
- Adhere to Finn Partners’ established accounting policies.
- Accounting Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of Staff Accountant prior work experience.
- Strong phone communication skills.
- Excellent computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Controller.
- Ability to function as a team player.
#LI-KM1 #LI-hybrid #LI-Remote
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your prior work experience in staff accounting, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. As Peter Finn says, “We work hard and play nice.”
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.