Location: New York, NY
Finn Partners seeks an individual with their degree in accounting for an entry level staff accountant position. The individual will need to be organized, detail orientated, accurate, takes pride in their work, eager to learn and be willing to take on more responsibility. The individual will need to be able to take direction from senior members of the accounting department.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting and other special projects as assigned.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger including preparation of journal entries and account analyses.
- Research and reconcile all general ledger discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Update various accounting schedules on monthly basis.
- Review and reconcile monthly intercompany activity.
- Analyze and reconcile monthly revenue by making appropriate journal entries.
- Interface with Group Heads and Senior Partners regarding monthly billings and revenue.
- Help prepare for financial and bank audits.
- Prepare monthly sales tax reports for Nashville office.
- Use various banking planforms in order to prepare daily cash reports that are distributed to management.
- Post daily receipts to accounts receivable sub ledgers and follow up on any payment discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare cash-flow reports for management weekly.
- Assist with collections.
- Fill out ACH and new vendor forms.
- Perform such other accounting and administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Controller.
- Follow Finn Partners’ established accounting policies.
- Must have BA/BS in Accounting and at least 1 years of experience.
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Controller.
- Ability to function as a team player.
Anticipated Salary: $65,000 to $75,000. Commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace.
#LI-DS1 New York, NY #LI-HYBRID
Please upload your resume and cover letter, as well as indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,300+ employees, with offices in 25 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.