Social Media Manager
Location: New York or Washington, D.C
Hello, potential applicant!
We invite you to join us here at FINN and become a part of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated marketing agencies in the world! We’re entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client-partners. Your expertise in all things social media (organic and paid!) is exactly what we need as our practice continues to grow.
The Social Media Manager – Integrated Marketing is a strategic and creative social media professional with experience in both painting the big picture and filling in the finer details. You will report directly to our VP, Director of Social Media who oversees and leads our growing social media team, and help them to plot an exciting course to the future, while providing social media thinking, planning, and execution.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to support the creation of a social media strategy (inclusive of paid and organic), conceptualize, support, and pitch new business, and has real-world, in-the-trenches experience diving in deep to craft content calendars, schedule and share content, and perform stellar engagement. Someone who can support planning a paid social advertising campaign, and then work with ad tacticians to build and report on that campaign.
You don’t need to know everything about social media (who could, really?) But *Knowing All* is what you strive for, all the same. You stay on top of the daily moving and shaking on social platforms. When you’re off the clock, you’re on social media anyway, because your love of it borders on frightening obsession. You enjoy watching the social moves of brands and thinking critically (and occasionally judgmentally) about what works and what doesn’t work.
Here at FINN you will contribute a dynamic mix of thinking and execution of social media (from strategy and planning all the way to scheduling and engaging) across our broad and diverse client base. You will be able to harvest and analyze analytics, and propose actions to take based on them. You will work with designers to create visuals and animations. You will participate (and educate the masses) in client and internal calls. You are a champion and teacher of social media!
To this end, we ask that you be open to (and excited about!) working in a wide variety of industries spanning from health and tech to consumer and B2B. Here at FINN, we wear many hats, and we roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to make our social shine. No two days are the same in FINN social media, so be prepared!
We also ask that you know your way around the front and back ends of the major social media networks (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter… And bonus points for Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube). Additionally, you’ll have ample real-world experience in setting up and reporting on Paid Social Media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn (and further bonus points for any of the others).
You pay exquisite attention to detail, pride yourself in your work, practice accountability daily, under promise and overdeliver, and are passionate about everything that social media entails.
Applicants to this position must have at least 4-5 years of social media marketing experience to be considered. If you’ve worked agency-side, that’s even better!
- Create and revise social media content calendars for clients
- Schedule posts and perform on platform engagement for clients
- Conduct social media channel reporting and analysis
- Report to FINN’s Social Media Director and support them in social media planning and execution, and management/mentorship of junior staff
- Support agency new business development
- Help to establish and optimize new and existing processes and documents
- Provide inspired social media support and counsel to clients spanning from direction and leadership all the way to execution, engagement, and reporting
- Collaborate with social media content creators, graphic designers, web programmers, and other digital specialists on integrated campaigns and executions
- Provide support in the set up, launch, monitoring, and reporting of organic and paid social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Stay on top of the latest social media news, trends, and best practices
- Meaningfully contribute to brainstorms and planning sessions
- Passionately participate in both internal and client calls
- At least 4-5 years of experience in social media marketing
- The ability to “wear many hats” and transition from project-to-project and client-to-client
- Calmness and coolness under pressure and in a high-energy environment
- Agency experience a MAJOR plus
- Flexibility in respect to the unexpected demands and needs of social media
- Enthusiasm for social, passion for the work, and kindness towards all
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Understanding of social media tools and capabilities, including:
- Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Management tools (Sprout Social, Khoros)
- Social media execution (organic and paid)
- Social media analytics (reporting and analysis)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of professional work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeing your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.