Social Media Coordinator – Hawkins PR Digital (NY)
Location: New York
Social Media Coordinator – Hawkins PR Digital (New York Office)
FINN’s public relations and digital practice is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our expanding Hawkins PR Digital team that focuses on supporting world-class global travel clients through the execution of thoughtful Public Relations and Social Media strategies. This is a full time position currently open, and a great match for social media professionals who have already completed their degree and have some related work experience. We seek to immediately fill this role; it is not an internship position.
Our clients and brands are in luxury travel, hospitality, wellness, and lifestyle including iconic independent properties, major hospitality groups, and one-of-a-kind wellness retreats. We develop enviable connections and maintain rewarding relationships across print, broadcast, and digital media, as well as within the industries we service. To fill our Social Media Coordinator position, we seek a dynamic, creative, and critical thinking social media star who has a passion for creating content & brainstorming big ideas. This team is based in NYC (some team members are located elsewhere within the USA). It is comprised of welcoming, action-oriented creatives, who value hard work, creativity, kindness, and passion – as well as getting things done while having fun doing them.
Besides joining one of the best teams in the biz; here are some of the amazing perks we offer:
- Generous time-off policy with extra paid time off during the summer and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- The opportunity to experience some of the most amazing luxury travel brands around the world
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to Tiffany’s!)
- Complimentary reservations of company house in upstate NY
- Frequent happy hours and team outings
- Wellness subsidy
- Comprehensive health insurance and more
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH schedule
The Social Media Coordinator is a role where you will be the lynchpin of our PR/ Digital team as you learn, grow, and become a social media master alongside our Digital Strategists and Content Creators. You will support our digital team in creating compelling copy, designing and scheduling posts, developing and analyzing reports, and conducting social media listening, channel engagement, and community management. Additionally, we hope that you’ll be an aspiring content creator, with basic photography and graphic design skills to help our Creative Content team shine. And, as you support us, we will teach you everything you’ll ever need to know about the wild world of social media marketing, influencer relations, and content creation. You must be open to (and excited about!) working in the travel industry, pay exquisite attention to detail, pride yourself in your work, practice accountability daily, under promise and overdeliver, and be passionate about everything that social media entails. We’ll take it from there.
Applicants to this position should have at least 6 months of social media marketing experience (internships TOTALLY count) to be considered. If you’ve worked in an agency, that’s even better!
- Schedule posts and perform on platform engagement for clients (we’ll train you on Sprout Social, no worries!)
- Support the creation and revision of social media content calendars for clients
- Support and then own social media channel reporting and analysis
- Assist team members with admin client tasks like taking notes on calls and building agendas on behalf of the team.
- Collaborate with social media content creators, graphic designers, web programmers, and other digital specialists on integrated campaigns and executions
- Work with the digital team to foster long-term blogger and influencer relationships for both the agency and clients
- Provide support in the setup, launch, monitoring, and reporting of organic and paid social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter (after you are trained!)
- Stay on top of the latest social media news, trends, and best practices
- Executing engaging graphics work for both client and agency projects
- Meaningfully contribute to brainstorms and planning sessions
- Passionately participate in both internal and client calls
- 6 or more months of experience in social media marketing (internships count)
- The ability to “wear many hats” and transition from project-to-project and client-to-client
- A creative team player who is a natural communicator with an entrepreneurial spirit, and strong writing editing skills
- Calmness and coolness under pressure and in a high-energy environment
- Agency experience a MAJOR plus
- Experience in and passion for graphic design
- Flexibility in respect to the unexpected demands and needs of social media
- Enthusiasm for social, passion for the work, and kindness towards all
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
New York, NY #LI-KM1
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your travel public relations and digital prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1000+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.