AHA – a FINN Partners Company is looking for a Senior Writer to join our team.
At AHA, we are writers, designers and creatives with a deep appreciation for the power and joy of clarity. We help our clients engage and inspire audiences through work that is not just beautiful, but that also serves a greater purpose.
AHA is open to remote candidates located in the USA Pacific Time Zone.
This isn’t an entry-level position. You need to have proven professional writing chops. We’re looking for someone who can untangle complex information into content that resonates with the intended audience, charge forward in the face of ambiguity, meet deadlines, work well with others, and craft both story and business communications in a compelling way.
A Senior Writer on our team can:
- Think creatively and conceptually. We’re looking for communicators and thinkers, not wordsmiths. We are only as good as our ideas.
- Feel for the audience. Speak human.
- Work in close collaboration with art directors and a broader team. Take direction gracefully.
- Deftly and thoughtfully handle short-form copy, headlines, direct mail, email, subject lines, web copy.
- Help develop strategy for Ionger-form thought leadership (guides, white papers) and do the writing as well.
Tiebreaker qualities include article writing, video experience, presentation skills and the ability to play editor to other writers.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 5+ years professional writing experience in journalism, marketing or strategic communications, with the clips to back it up
- Experience with—and enthusiasm for—working collaboratively with an editor
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, experience with Adobe Creative Suite and G Suite and the ability to string coherent sentences together using a Mac
- A definitive point of view on the Oxford Comma (long live the Oxford Comma!), accompanied with a willingness to work with clients that may necessitate the alternate perspective
What’s it like to work here? We believe in putting people first. In co-creation. In collaboration with each other and with clients. We believe that telling great stories can change the world.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.