Senior Social Media Strategist/Content Strategy Lead
Senior Social Media Strategist/Content Strategy Lead (5+ years of experience)
Location: This role requires someone who lives in, knowledgeable of, and passionate about Michigan.
Job Summary: We’re looking for someone who wants to help us build business and tourism in Michigan through social content initiatives while growing social communities. This person shares our love of all things Michigan. From Detroit-style pizza to the Village Cheese Shanty in Leland, from driving forward Michigan’s eMobility initiatives to growing small businesses across the state, we need a team member who can bring the Michigan voice to life online for local businesses, both big and small.
This person will be the brand’s eyes and ears on social and will build trusted relationships with clients, creatives, and the account team to bring social channels to life. They need to be extremely detail-oriented and understand the intricacies of social platforms, bring social-first thinking to the table, and recognize real-time opportunities and social trends. They will manage social editorial calendars, support content planning workflows, uncover insights and develop client recommendations, and oversee the day-to-day social content and community management execution.
About FINN: Founded in 2011, FINN Partners is one of the fastest-growing, independent PR and integrated marketing communications agencies in the world. We have 1300+ employees in 32 offices around the globe and an extensive network of global affiliates and partners in key markets.
We are smart, passionate, communications advocates on a mission to make a difference in the world. We change the way the brands relate to their markets. The way companies are positioned and perceived. The way causes become movements. How great stories are shared to earn attention. Our work reflects our values.
Why work for us? More than an agency, we are a bold collective of communications advocates, stewarding brands, protecting reputations, influencing public policy, and leveraging data and analytics to shape the most important conversations of our day.
Most great achievements in science, medicine, the arts, politics, and business are achieved as a result of a group of dedicated individuals coming together with a collaborative spirit. Without every team member, FINN is nothing more than an idea. Together we are special. By working together we are stronger, and it is only by striving together as one team—working hard, playing nice, creating a best-place-to-work environment, taking risks, making the world a better place, and amazing those around us—we can make FINN Partners a truly unique agency. Come be a part of the journey.
- Lead a team to curate, manage, and own the social editorial content calendars for always-on and activations for social media campaigns and events
- QA daily content deployment on all social channels
- Manage the day-to-day relationships and communications pertaining to social with brand clients and stakeholders
- Guide engagement and participation for our clients and community managers in evolving social media channels, identifying and evaluating new opportunities as appropriate for client objectives
- Support social copywriting efforts optimized for the social Tone of Voice
- Work closely with account and strategy teams to help develop, implement, and execute social media strategies
- Work closely with the marketing and paid teams to ensure launches and key messaging/initiatives are incorporated into the social calendar
- Anticipate client needs and continuously develop creative ways to improve the client’s social media presence and overall goals.
- Evaluate and optimize community management workflows internally and for clients
- Stay up to date on platform audience behaviors, interactive trends, best practices, and digital experiences with an eye toward social communities and their behaviors
- Create and document best practices, social playbooks, and how-tos for social & community management, including workflows, tools, and responsibilities
- Manage outreach, evaluate requests, organize, and execute partnerships
- Own performance metrics reporting to Digital Marketing manager/leads and executive team (weekly + monthly) including: key KPIs, emerging trends, platform algorithms (how it’s served), and changes to the social landscape cross-functionally
- Daily community management (response time within business hours of 1 hour)
- An unflappable problem solver who can anticipate and proactively offer solutions to clients and senior leadership; anticipate problems before they arise through regular client check-ins and communication
- Detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently with operational excellence
- Experience in client relations including having the ability to understand and assess a client’s business needs and communication needs and meet those needs through successful digital and social programs
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to stay organized and easily adapt to assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 5-6 years of experience in social media management and programming (title can change based on experience level)
- Familiarity/working experience with TikTok, X, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Passionate about the state of Michigan
About FINN Partners
FINN Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. FINN Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,400+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.