Senior Editorial Director
Location: Chicago, Detroit, Remote Considered (except Colorado)
Join FINN Partners and be part of building one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated marketing firms in the world. We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and driven by purpose and passion for bringing to life the world-changing ideas, technologies, products and services of our client-partners.
FINN is looking for an experienced Senior Editorial Director who loves writing amazing content, developing and engaging stories to drive business success. Someone to shape the content vision for various clients across multiple sectors including but not limited to: technology, healthcare, finance, consumer products, social impact, and innovation. Our ideal candidate will not only lead strategic thinking and direction, but can churn out a quality piece of content when called upon. This person should have a firm grasp of SEO and SEM, and have a passion for building engaged audiences across any and all client channels, platforms, and mediums.
Whether a caption, a post, a content or campaign calendar, an ad, a blog, a web page, a speech or a video script, you’re ready and excited to dive in. You’re also comfortable and formidable with an editor’s pen for when you’re handed content that needs some extra love.
- Develop an overarching strategic approach to emerging campaigns, and address ongoing clients’ needs for a strategic vision for their existing content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, content development, project management, online distribution via our website, blog and social channels, and measurement.
- Build and leverage audience research to develop messaging that moves end-users to respond to identified business goals.
- Manage an editorial calendar and process to ensure quality, timeliness, and consistency in our messaging.
- Stay up to date with developments in content management, and generate new ideas to build engagement and serve audiences.
- Craft and revise content from blogs and web pages to social media calendars and one-off posts as directed by senior and mid-level staff on deadline and as needed.
- This person should understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Program measurement and optimization will be required on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- At least 8+ years of experience in editorial content creation and organic
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience and passion for writing about various industries including technology, health, legal, retail and more.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment, while ensuring that deliverables are received on time and documented.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Love of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience.
- G Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) experience a must.