Senior Account Executive, Travel Lifestyle Public Relations
Location: New York, Remote Considered (except Colorado)
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – Travel Lifestyle Public Relations
Our Travel – Lifestyle public relations practice at Finn Partners is growing! Finn Partners is a global award-winning integrated marketing agency. The ideal candidate thrives on tackling new challenges every day, is passionate about and has 3-4 years of public relations experience working with clients in the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry, and is someone who is energized by the prospect of growing a career with many possibilities.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our growing Travel Lifestyle team to support multiple projects and team members. You will handle media relations, earned media, client planning and execution, special events, and partnership programs for iconic global travel clients. These clients include: destinations, airlines, cruise industry clients, lodging, health and wellness, sustainability issues clients, and travel-related services clients. As a Senior Account Executive you will be a key member of our highly skilled, collaborative, motivated team, engaged in a range of assignments spanning launches, thought leadership, social media and stakeholder engagement.
The position is NYC based; applicants in US Eastern or US Central time zones who are seeking remote will be considered.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and handle day-to-day activities of the account team, client projects and account management to ensure exceptional service to our clients
- Create messaging, original content, media pitching, media reporting, awards & rankings
- Develop client specific media strategies; manage day-to-day account activities; develop and execute campaigns, client plans and new business proposals; and actively participate in team brainstorms and staff meetings
- Develop strong relationships with client contacts and advance communications strategies that embrace the client’s strategy and positioning
- Work with junior and senior staff to support clients and grow the practice including supporting new business development, research, program development and presentations
- Identify and assist in securing new business opportunities
- 3-4 years prior experience working at a PR agency working with travel and consumer related clients
- Bilingual English-Spanish skills are a plus
- Experience working with traditional and new media; and social media campaigns
- Proven experience in pitching stories to top-tier consumer media outlets – including travel, lifestyle, consumer business titles
- Experience in writing and managing client programs and reports
- Knowledge of travel industry from B2B and B2C standpoints
- Strong project management and client relationship skills
- Strong communications skills both oral and written, including editing skills with attention to detail
- Experience in developing Awards & Rankings submissions, including strategy, researching and writing submissions
- Experience supporting the development of stakeholder engagement strategies
- Experience working with Trendkite, Cision, Muckrack and other measurement platforms
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications is a plus
For more information about our practice, please check out Travel Marketing and PR Agency – FINN Partners.
Please upload your resume in MS Word, as well as your Cover Letter. Please state your target salary in US Dollars. While we appreciate that many applicants are open or negotiable, we are seeking a dollar amount in your reply please. Please state languages you are fluent in.
About FINN PARTNERS
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has 800+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.