Senior Account Executive, Technology Public Relations Agency
Location: New York, Remote Considered (USA Eastern or Central Time Zone residents only – for remote work consideration)
Senior Account Executive – Technology PR
FINN’s Tech Public Relation team is one of the best in the industry! Do you want to be a valued member of a dynamic public relations team, working with leading national and international B2B and B2C technology clients? We seek a Senior Account Executive who is passionate about public relations and communications, and who is ready to jump-in to enhance this team’s continued success. In this role, you will serve as an essential contact for clients, handle the PR day-to-day activities of client programs and campaigns, and ensure the delivery of high-quality tactics that exceed client expectations. As Peter Finn says “We work hard- place nice!”, so kindness is a key value at Finn Partners. You will also experience collaboration, mentoring, and teaming in this role, as well as have opportunity to mentor and assist others.
The SAE position reports to our New York Office. NYC metropolitan area applicants seeking an in-office or remote-work role, or applicants currently residing in the Eastern or Central USA Time Zones seeking a remote-work role will all be considered.
- Manage multiple account teams and programs simultaneously
- Play an active role in implementing core PR campaigns, including planning, media strategy/pitching, event management, social media, industry analyst relations, content writing/editing, research, and account administration
- Secure national, trade, and local media placements by actively researching and pitching compelling story angles
- Exhibit excellent written communication skills with great attention to detail
- Write, proof, and edit client-related documents, including pitches, articles, blog entries, bios, press materials, and meeting reports
- Participate in new business pitches
- Be the first point of contact for clients
- Manage and professionally develop our public relations technology practice’s junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a technology field.
- 2-3 years of prior PR agency experience working with technology clients
- Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Experience using all Microsoft Office products
- Some experience supervising and guiding junior staff
- Detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, growing environment.
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Please state your target salary in U.S. dollars. While we appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable,” we are seeking a dollar figure in your answer to our question about your target salary.
About FINN Partners:
FINN Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. FINN Partners specializes in the full spectrum of integrated marketing communications services. Specialty industry expertise includes technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
FINN Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013, and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with staff in Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco, and Washington DC, and has additional international capabilities through its global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.