Senior Account Executive – Maverick Digital Marketing
Location: New York
Senior Account Executive – Maverick Digital Marketing
Calling all social media stars! Maverick Creative, a Finn Partners company, is seeking a smart, savvy and driven Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our growing digital marketing communications team in our New York Office, who work with our exciting luxury travel and lifestyle hospitality clients. This person will be an outstanding social media strategist and content creator. Our small, dynamic team seeks a creative and passionate candidate with a diverse skill set that spans communications, social media strategy, and graphic design. Do you have a passion for pop culture and social trends? A keen eye for creating GIFS, memes and reels? An enthusiasm for art, design, and photography/videography? Well, don’t just stand there, apply for the position!
We are an NYC-based, full-service creative communications agency specializing in luxury travel and global lifestyle communications, social media and content creation. We’re a passionate, talented group of go-getters who pride ourselves on a razor-sharp awareness of trends and what’s next. Our clients are (humble brag) the best in the travel biz, if we do say so ourselves, and include Thompson Hotels, Park Hyatt, Arlo Hotels, Rocco Forte Hotels, RVshare, and others. Visit us on Instagram @maverickcreativeagency.
We currently offer the following perks:
- Generous time-off policy with extra time off during the summer and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Hotel stays
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to Tiffany’s!)
- Complimentary reservations of company house in upstate NY
- Frequent happy hours and team outings
- Wellness subsidy
- Affordable, comprehensive health insurance
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH schedule
The role is based in our New York office. Ideally, qualified job applicants will reside in the NYC tri-state area and work in-office and from home (ensuring availability to be onsite for office or client based events and meetings).
- Conducting research and developing editorial content calendars for social media on behalf of clients and agency
- Handling day-to-day social media management tools, including: loading all social content and regular monitoring to ensure it is properly displayed; advising supervisors on major developments, i.e. posts performing above average, engagement with influencers, check-ins for surprise & delight activations, etc.; and drafting client correspondence
- Coordinating and managing Influencer campaigns
- Participating on client calls and in-person meetings and providing ongoing administrative support including developing agendas, recaps and notes, and any resulting research
- Supporting team in developing content for and maintaining the agency social media channels and blog as well as experimenting with new channels and advertising strategies
- Executing in-house graphics work for the agency + our clients
- Staying on top of trends and current events and drafting relevant blog posts and client educational emails. Be a thought leader and educator for the agency – guiding the staff to ‘think digital’ and stay on top of the ever-changing industry trends.
- Provide support for social integrations for agency PR teams
- Ongoing research and vetting of client and agency opportunities ranging from awards to relevant social media management tools and new technologies and relevant conferences and classes
- Support for the agency – organizing collateral, and social media coverage support at firm events
- 4+ years of prior digital marketing communications work experience working on social media and content creation for clients, influencer campaigns, developing social media content strategy, content calendars, graphic design, copywriting, storyboards/mood boards is required. Having that experience be digital marketing agency based is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be experienced in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, Reddit, Clubhouse, TikTok etc. and Adobe Suite
- Excellent graphic design and writing skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Strong communications skills both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Prior work experience with at least one or more of: Sprout Social, Iconosquare, HYPR/Julius, HTML, CSS is required. Video capabilities are a big plus.
- Valid passport, and have ability to work travel for clients as needed
Please upload your resume, indicate the link to portfolio of your work and your desired salary in $US Dollars, and provide a cover letter outlining why your relevant experience makes you a great fit for this role (feel free to make this interesting and deviate from the stale CL format – what social accounts do you follow, what articles are you reading, what brands are hitting it out of the park these days? etc.). While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Maverick Creative:
Maverick Creative is an NYC-based creative communications agency specializing in modern storytelling for travel and lifestyle clients. Media-forward, digitally visionary and deeply experienced with eyes on the next horizon, Maverick Creative combines razor-sharp awareness of industry trends and a tight embrace of contemporary storytelling with partnership development, content creation, experiential events, executive thought leadership and of-the-moment social media campaigns to grab media and consumers alike. Our clients include global hospitality brands including Hyatt’s Boundless Portfolio, Arlo Hotels and Rocco Forte Hotels; independent and boutique hotels including The Point in the Adirondacks, Asbury Ocean Club in New Jersey and The Shelbourne in Dublin, and travel services like RVshare, Sentient Jet private aviation and others.
Maverick Creative is a spin-off of Finn Partners and enjoys the benefits, leadership and support of Finn’s global team.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.