Senior Account Executive, Consumer Lifestyle Public Relations (NYC)
Location: New York, NY
Senior Account Executive – Consumer Lifestyle Public Relations (NYC)
Location: The Consumer Lifestyle and Sports PR Practice is based in our New York City office at FINN PARTNERS. Qualified candidates for this SAE position will ideally live in the NY tri state area. We are also open to qualified candidates who live elsewhere in the USA Eastern Time Zone or USA Central Time Zone and seek to work remotely.
FINN Consumer, Sports and Lifestyle group is looking for a Senior Account Executive. (SAE) to join our expanding agency team leading client accounts. Work with exciting clients including active outdoor brands and destinations, food and beverage, spirits, and sports. We are looking for candidates with at least 4 years of PR agency experience leading accounts, Role requires expertise in client relations, earned and social media relations, influencer management, thought leadership, and content creation.
SAEs work with clients day to day developing and executing savvy communications strategy. Account leadership responsibilities also include creating and executing inspiring PR plans/campaigns; the ability to prioritize workflow and provide senior level counsel to clients as needed. A proven record of delivering measurable results for clients along with the ability to build and maintain media and influencer relationships at the highest level is key. The role will report to and collaborate directly with Senior Partners in the group.
FINN Partners is the fastest growing integrated marketing agency in the United States. We offer a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment, and an opportunity to grow, learn and contribute. Come check us out – you’ll love what you see!
- Develop and lead the execution of integrated and successful Communications campaigns achieving client goals and driving business results
- Conceive innovative programs, pitch ideas and events
- Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide smart direction and counsel; and offer problem-solving solutions to clients
- Develop overall communications media and influencer strategy for clients; manage financial aspects of accounts
- Maintain high level client, media, and influencer relationships
- Lead internal teams and drive their growth; provide proper feedback and guidance; motivate to be creative and achieve excellent results
- Utilize strong pitch skills and excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage for clients; be able to build a list and fill a room if needed
- Stay up to date on the client industry and media landscape; establish new media and influencer contacts across multi channels
- Thought leadership, content creation, social management
- Generate new business opportunities and help secure new clients; research, and participate in new business presentations; develop RFPs that showcase our unique capabilities and proven results
- 4+ years of prior PR leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven history of leading team and driving results via earned owned and shared media channels
- Exceptional earned media relations with top-tier national and trade outlets; proven history of media placements and established contacts
- Ability to develop and execute successful media relations programs
- Excellent writing and editing skills (familiar with AP style).
- Strong communications skills, project management capabilities and proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to provide senior counsel to leadership and clients, even when it might be uncomfortable
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously meeting all deadlines and budget parameters
- Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player.
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, thorough.
#LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid New York, NY #LI-Remote
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. As Peter Finn says, “We work hard and play nice.”
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1000+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.