Location: Washington , D.C.
FINN Partners is looking for a Research Director to join its Integrated Marketing Intelligence Team. This role is an integral part of the global team and requires critical thinking about the art of asking questions, developing, and executing research strategies, and project leadership skills.
The Research Director is responsible for defining clients, needs, designing research programs that incorporate qualitative, quantitative, and/or secondary methodologies, and distilling key insights into actionable client recommendations. The opportunity is a great fit for those with a passion for quantitative and qualitative market research, problem solving, and helping build a world-class data-driven consultancy.
The Research Director will lead a wide range of research initiatives across the full project lifecycle from proposal to report presentation for B2B, consumer, and government clients. The role will be responsible for developing research strategy and execution plans, conducting interviews with subject matter experts, designing high volume online surveys, conducting secondary research on targeted industries, producing and delivering reports, and advising clients of key findings and strategic implications.
The Research Director will collaborate across FINN’s Integrated Marketing disciplines, including strategy and planning, creative, media, and measurement and reporting as well as working directly with PR and communications groups within FINN Partners. The ideal candidate will be curious, self-motivated, derive satisfaction in doing an assignment with precision, and be interested in continuing to develop an industry-leading organization.
The Research Director is a remote position, preferably in the Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zones. The position requires a team player who can thrive in a distributed workforce, is skilled at building relationships, and can drive collaboration on cross functional teams.
Work Location- We are seeking candidates who wish to work remotely and preferably in the Pacific, Mountain, or Central time zones.
Anticipated Salary: $130k; salary commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace.
What you bring to the table:
- 8-10 years or more of experience working in audience insights, market research or in a strategy role at a marketing or communications agency.
- In-depth understanding and experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Understanding and experience with the following data analysis techniques is desired: statistical significance testing, correlation analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis.
- Ability to synthesize research and insights with brevity and clarity and identify the “so what” and “what now” for clients and colleagues.
- Strong writing skills where you can craft a story around data insights and clearly communicate key points in a succinct manner. You have great verbal communication skills and are highly skilled at presenting to groups, sharing your point of view, challenging assertions, and defending your position.
- Curious, critical thinker who has a passion for research and enjoys staying up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Takes pride in your work, constantly improves your craft, and welcomes feedback as part of your pursuit of improvement.
- Prior marketing agency industry experience.
- Successfully design qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methodology research initiatives.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative research projects, including proposal drafting, research design, questionnaire and discussion guide development, data analysis and storytelling.
- Projects will include audience, landscape, and brand studies, with methods such as concept and creative testing, messaging/positioning evaluation, market sizing, and segmentation.
- Position requires oversight of and collaboration with junior analysts and data specialists.
- Expert at working with data to identify trends and insights, including both structured (i.e. data and hard numbers) and unstructured (i.e. interviews and qualitative) data. Advanced data visualization skills using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs and Slides.
- Coordinate research logistics with internal and external operations teams (recruitment, scheduling programming, fieldwork, facilities, moderators, data processing) and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Identify and develop research opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Drive successful project execution, collaborating with team members and FINN colleagues, providing oversight to junior team members, and partnering with these teams to drive projects forward on stringent timelines.
- Collaborate with the client engagement team to identify key findings from primary research efforts to distill the so-what into actionable client recommendations.
About FINN Partners:
FINN Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. FINN Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.