Location: New York, NY
LOCATION: The full-time direct hire Recruiter will report to the Global Head of HR in NYC, and can work full time onsite in any of the Finn Partners office locations in NYC, Boston, Ft. Lauderdale, Washington DC, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville -or- can work from home if residing in the Eastern or Central USA time zones. Must have 3+ years of prior full cycle recruitment or head-hunting experience with passive and active job candidates for roles in all career levels within public relations, advertising, corporate communications or marketing.
The Recruiter is a business partner within our global recruitment team who sources, screens and presents both passive and direct applicants to our key stakeholders/hire leaders for vetting, interviewing, and hire consideration. The Recruiter administers full cycle recruitment of passive and active candidates for all career levels (entry level to executive level) within recruitment activity of marketing, public relations, or advertising professionals in partnership and support of our internal key stakeholders. Each Recruiter manages the full cycle recruitment process for the positions assigned to her/him, including: establishing the job description and hire criteria in partnership with the key stakeholder/hire leader; sourcing and screening applications and prospective candidates; describing job opportunities and answering candidates’ questions; scheduling and administering the interview logistics; presenting and negotiating hire offers; and supporting the new hire on-boarding process. Recruitment responsibilities may encompass multiple Finn Partners’ locations throughout U.S. time zones.
Join FINN PARTNERS and be part of sourcing and staffing top talent for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated marketing – public relations – advertising firms in the world. We are an entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client-partners. Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative Marketing- PR – Advertising campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunity for our employees to conduct career meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. As our Founder Mr. Peter Finn says, “We work hard and play nice”.
- Effectively partner with key stakeholders/hire leaders to define open position job title, job description, and position’s work location.
- Obtain proper authorization from CFO, Global Head of HR, or respective Managing Partner to open new job requisition, obtain approved compensation budget, and begin recruitment process. Keep key stake holder updated regarding any authorization delays or declines.
- Write new or publish existing job ads for open position(s) on authorized job boards and on diversity inclusion advertising channels.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment for positions assigned. Source both passive and active applicant prospects. Review resume, application packet, samples of work and obtain any missing required data from candidate.
- Administer and coordinate interview process with stakeholders and candidates. Reserve authorized interview conference room(s) for the FP Office interview city location and send interview invitations to stakeholders and candidates. Provide candidate with link to FP job ad, provide all interviewers with copy of resume/work samples link/cover letter from candidate.
- Coordinate interview logistics with respective Office Manager and/or Reception Team at Finn Partners site where interview will be held. Provide candidate with written confirmation of interview date, time, list of interviewer names & job titles, logistics directions to the Finn Partners office location and any additional preparatory data.
- Rapidly resolve any issues of candidate interview tardiness, getting lost in transit to interview, last minute interviewer schedule conflicts/cancellations etc.
- Obtain post interview assessment from interviewers and provide respectful and timely feedback to active candidates, in accordance with FP protocols.
- Schedule all secondary or subsequent interview appts. for the candidate with key stakeholders or other colleagues designated by key stakeholder.
- Maintain candidate applicant records in ATS system & document progression through recruitment cycle.
- Populate OPEN POSITIONS spreadsheet with active, closed, filled job data.
- Provide timely recruitment status updates to active candidates throughout recruitment cycle.
- If candidate is rejected or declined: Recruiter provides written acknowledgement via our JAZZHR ATS system that notifies the candidate that the interview process had concluded for him/her. Adds “Categories” descriptors to the candidate’s JAZZHR file if candidate is suitable for other future FP recruitment opportunities and directs candidate to review those other job posting ads and apply. Notifies other FP Recruiters or Hire Leaders with active openings if it appears the declined candidate may be match for those opportunities (provides hire leader for new position with interview feedback from hire leader(s) who declined candidate).
- If candidate is selected for hire: Recruiter partners with key stakeholder/hire leader and Global Head of HR to modify appropriate Hire Offer Term Sheet template to capture the features of hire offer specifics for this candidate and define optimal hire date. Identifies if Hire Leader wants to present verbal offer or wants Recruiter to present. Verbal hire offer is then presented, and candidate questions are answered. Recruiter ensures deadline is given to candidate for required response to FP verbal hire offer. Recruiter updates Hire Manager regarding candidate reply or concerns regarding verbal offer content.
- Accepted Verbal Offers: Recruiter creates written Offer Letter draft and submits to Global Head of HR for approval and signature. Distributes Offer Letter to candidate with response instructions. Follows up with candidate until co-signed OL is received back in HR. Sends out internal FP and Personnel notifications of impending new hire and start date (following email notification format).
- Rejected Verbal Offers: Recruiter will document decline reason, identify if re-negotiation with candidate is appropriate, and loop in Hire Leader to define parameters for negotiation of offer elements.
- Solicit and document prospective candidate referrals and referral source.
- Track active job advertisement efficacy/candidate quality/response rates and report findings to Global Head of HR.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry recruitment trends, recruitment best practices, USA recruitment related laws, effective job boards and other job ad sources, and market rates for Finn Partners positions in various cities the Recruiter supports.
- Participate in Recruitment or HR Team meetings, projects, activities as assigned.
- University degree in Human Resources, Communications, or Business Management.
- 3+ years of prior full cycle recruitment work history or head-hunting work experience of candidates in the public relations, marketing or advertising fields.
- Business English Language fluent (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Experience in key stakeholder – hire leader relations and communications.
- Experience effectively supporting recruitment candidates for all position levels in an organization.
- Experience effectively solving recruitment related issues or challenges.
New York, NY #LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your prior work recruitment or head-hunting work experience of public relations or marketing professionals, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.