Public Relations Strategist
Location: Chicago, Green Bay,Milwaukee,Madison, Wisconsin, Detroit
Public Relations Strategist
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job
responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an
individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead, develop and drive PR strategy to support the Account Services team. Act as primary point of contact for journalists and corresponding relationships.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Strategy: Develop and manage public relations strategies for clients. Identify
opportunities, ideas and solutions for client campaigns including story angles and
strategic PR approaches.
• Consultation: Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends. Provide strategic
counsel in partnership with account leads regarding public relations initiatives and
opportunities for clients.
• Content Creation: Draft, review and edit PR materials (e.g., news releases, media
alerts, pitches, etc.). Assign and review work with freelancers for contributed article
• Media Relations: Create media lists, distribute news releases and pitches,
correspond with journalists, build and maintain media relationships, arrange and
facilitate media interviews. Lead media training sessions.
• Account Coordination: Take ownership of client assignments from creation to
execution to measurement. Manage up to account leads regarding projects and
• Data Analytics: Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results for client campaigns
and provide strategic recommendations to optimize results.
• Business Networking/Relationships: Develop and maintain good working
relationships with clients, media contacts, association executives, industry VIPs and
bloggers. Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on
an on-going basis. Exemplify the CB&A brand at all times.
• Confidentiality: Display a high level of integrity by maintaining the confidence of
proprietary information. Protect all tangible and intangible company assets.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Conduct special research projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or
equivalent work experience
• At least 1 year work experience in marketing, preferably in an agency setting
• At least 3+ years relevant work experience in public relations
• Excellent written and verbal communication, portraying a high degree of
• High level of attention to detail and strong customer service skills with
demonstrated relationship building skills
• Possesses strong foundation of media and influencer relationships
• Strong project management and organizational skills including prioritizing,
communicating early and often, and managing across internal and external
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and to solve problems
• Ability to use discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential
• Ability to foster teamwork and thrive in a collaborative environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Previous agency experience is preferred
• Proficiency with Cision and Google Analytics
• Previous work experience with project time tracking
Please upload your resume and up cover letter detailing your PR prior work experience and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1500+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.