Contracts & Procurement Specialist
Location: New York
Finn Partners is looking for a Contracts & Procurement Specialist who understands the basic requirements of contracts/contract law for the procurement of services from clients and suppliers. The ideal candidate is able to collaborate and share information within and across the company’s business units and manage multiple projects simultaneously. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in procurement at a company with substantial growth.
- Act as initial reviewer for client master service agreements and confidentiality agreements. Understand desired terms/outcomes of such agreements and modify agreements accordingly, particularly to mitigate risk to the agency.
- Develop and maintain relationship with client’s legal and/or procurement representatives
- Develop and manage contracts for the procurement of goods and services from suppliers, including freelancers/independent contractors and vendors; as directed, negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Vet business classifications of suppliers and independent contractors
- Manage contract templates; stay abreast of changes in laws that affect contract provisions and update contract templates accordingly.
- Address contract questions from colleagues; explain basic terms and conditions
- Identify opportunities for procurement process improvement
- Support negotiation and contract formation activities for medium to high complexity contracts
- Deliver and coordinate counsel and advise on business insurance while working to manage and mitigate risk to Finn Partners. Advise and review Certificate of Insurance requirements with supplier and client agreements. Determine if suppliers have proper coverage and limits of liability. Provide guidance on Certificates of Insurance issued by Finn Partners in connection with client MSAs, events, etc.
- Provide administrative support for client audits, required reporting with the US government agencies, general internal compliance, and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, supply chain or other relevant area
- 2 to 3 years of experience with procurement/contracts
- Understanding of legal terminology in business contacts
- Ability to identify risk and ensure compliance while reviewing contracts
- Well versed in tenants of business insurance and insurance terminology
- Strong interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues
- Able to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of leading practices in procurement and strategic sourcing as well as operational models for shared service programs
- Familiarity with multi-state and international supplier/vendor laws a plus.
- Proficient computer skills with advanced skills on MS Office applications including Excel
- High degree of attention to detail. #LI-AB1