Public Relations Account Executive, Sports PR
Location: New York, NY
Account Executive – Sports Public Relations
Location: The Consumer Lifestyle and Sports PR Practice’s New York City office at FINN PARTNERS has a job opening for a Public Relations Account Executive, Sports. Preference is for qualified applicants who are based in the NYC area (hybrid work role).
Come join our practice at FINN Partners as a Public Relations Account Executive, where you will work on multiple exciting client PR accounts for professional sports leagues, sports betting, gaming, college sports, sports technology, and more. We’d love for you to be part of our success as our FINN Consumer Lifestyle and Sports team continues to expand!
We are seeking an outstanding PR Account Executive with 1-3 years of prior PR agency work experience focused on sports PR client accounts (at least 1 full year of Sports Industry PR Experience). This role requires a passion for the sports industry, client relations and media relations skills, and experience in providing outstanding daily PR client support.
This person will work with our clients, assisting in executing savvy communications strategy. A proven record of delivering results for clients, great multitasking skills, and the ability to build and maintain media relationships are key.
We are seeking an individual with the hunger, hustle, and enthusiasm to continue to build upon the foundations of their PR skill set and grow professionally within our expanding team. FINN Partners values kindness, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and dedication to our clients and our employees. We enjoy our jobs, and bring creativity, humor, and positive energy to our work. Come be part of our award-winning, strategic, high-growth PR agency!
- Support in the execution of public relations campaigns achieving client goals and driving business results.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide ideas and offer problem-solving solutions.
- Execute the department’s communications media strategy for our clients.
- Maintain and build media relationships across multiple channels
- Utilize pitch skills and media contacts to secure impactful media coverage for clients.
- Build targeted media lists, monitor for client news, update editorial calendars, and provide relevant research/data as needed.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of your clients’ industries and the media landscape.
- Participate in the department’s thought leadership, content creation, and social media management initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree (public relations, communications or related field strongly preferred).
- 1-3 years of prior public relations agency experience supporting public relations strategies and campaigns for sports industry clients.
- Maintains a passion for and knowledge of professional sports and its notable key figures/teams, sports-betting, and sports technology.
- Possesses the drive to learn and to provide outstanding public relations services to our clients within the sports industry.
- Is experienced in earned media relations programs with national and trade outlets; has a history of media placements and established contacts.
- Has ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously meeting all deadlines: utilizes strong communications skills and proven problem-solving ability.
- Possesses solid writing skills (familiar with AP style); has experience with press release writing and developing effective pitches.
- Current on social media channels, sports trends, and analytics tools.
- Is enthusiastic, detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, and thorough.
- Effectively works as part of a team, shares information freely and supports the common goals of the group; be a true team player.
#LI-KM1 #LI-Hybrid New York, NY
Anticipated Salary: $62,400 – 70,000K. Commensurate with experience and depending upon workplace.
Please upload your resume and cover letter, as well as indicate your target salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013, and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, we have 1300+ employees in 32 offices around the globe and an extensive network of global affiliates and partners in key markets. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.