Office Coordinator & Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator
We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator to join our Midwest team in Chicago- someone who has served in a trusted supporting role to an executive leader, knows how to triage client, staff, and new business needs, and who can see around corners and help keep many parts of the business moving forward.
To be successful in this role you must be well organized, able to think creatively and analytically, be highly self-motivated, and comfortable juggling multiple tasks at once. You also love working in a fast paced environment, have strong communication and problem-solving skills, and a proven ability to seamlessly manage shifting priorities.
The ideal candidate thrives when tackling new challenges and wearing multiple hats (maybe a fedora, maybe a party hat, who knows!!), and is energized by the prospect of growing a career with many possibilities.
- Our culture: Innovative, Nimble, Evolving, Scrappy. Strong bones, with lots of room to help further build out our structure as we continue to grow.
- Our regional leader: Navigates hundreds of messages and priorities every day, so needs the right person to optimize his workday, recognize- flag- handle issues quickly, and create structure and organization.
- The day-to-day: Everything from full support for our regional leader, to helping maintain a fun and vibrant office culture. Our days are dynamic and always changing, but you can expect job duties including: calendar and email management, expenses, travel coordination, client interactions, research, coordinating or creating visual, written, and analytical content, setting up office lunch orders, maintaining supplies and snacks, implementing ideas you might have to infuse fun into the day for the office.
- Our ideal candidate: Experienced office based Administrative Assistant who is professional, polished, adaptable, unflappable, and an ambassador for our agency. Sees around corners and solves problems before they even exist. Willing to roll up their sleeves. Energized by the day-to-day challenges of integrated marketing and public relations agency life, client service, and new business. Strong, professional, and friendly communicator.
- Help create amazing experiences for clients, cross-office colleagues, and our talented Midwest team
- Keep high volume of communications moving productively between clients, account teams and additional agency support teams, such as Finance and HR
- Support administrative needs, from forecast and budgeting tracking, travel, recruitment, client and new business support, on-site and off-site meetings and events, and more
- Bonus points for someone who loves to conjure up amazingly creative ways to surprise and delight clients
- Must have minimum 3 years of professional experience as an Administrative Assistant. Big plus if that experience has been in a busy marketing/advertising agency, public relations agency, or a client services business.
- Absolute trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidentiality across sensitive office/HR matters
- A self-starter who can assess situations, identify needs, problem-solve, rally people and processes, in a fast-paced agency setting
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Creative, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Remarkable communication skills, including listening and outstanding verbal and written communications to staff and senior management
- Proven track record of ability to execute and get stuff done
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has 850+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.