Location: New York, NY
We will also consider applicants in the D.C. area.
Finn Partners is a Global Integrated Marketing Agency seeking a Media/VP Director. The Media VP/Director oversees multiple planning groups and provides strategic leadership and understands all aspects of their client’s business. They oversee a team responsible for developing omni-channel media plans in accordance with the objectives, strategies, and goals communicated by Account Management teams and Clients. Omni-channel plans will include B2C, B2B, account-based management (ABM), electronic health record (EHR) initiatives, and/or performance marketing campaigns.
- Direct, lead, and create planning objectives and strategies that align with the client’s marketing objectives
- Interpret research and provide insight that effectively translates brand marketing objectives into succinct media strategies
- Actively provide and discuss industry information on media, markets, and related dynamics
- Accurately represent the client’s point of view when reviewing work, leveraging this perspective when providing feedback to the team and presenting to client
- Direct the development of client presentations and other important communication, making sure that it is clear, compelling, and persuasive
- Build and maintain client trust at all levels, including senior clients
- Oversee more junior team members to ensure consistent and high-quality deliverables
- Ensure all deliverables are aligned with media strategy
- Manage performance reviews, coaching to maximize success, setting goals for career development
- Foster a performance-first culture that rallies around delivering client results
- Assist in new business idea creations, scoping, presentation development, etc
- Be a leader that clients look to for strategy and the team looks to for guidance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-15 years of media planning experience with high-level clients, preferably B2B and healthcare
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Experience across various industries and media
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to manage and grow a team
- Knowledge of media tools and research providers (Kantar, comScore, Nielsen, MNI, MRI, Mintel, etc)
- Strong negotiation skills, the ability to multitask, communicate effectively and persuasively, and think strategically
- Ability to deliver sound strategy that aligns directly to client business goals
- Experience overseeing the full suite of media channels into a single mix
- Excellent presentation skills
- Resourceful, with proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to upsell new solutions to clients which are truly right for their business
- Proven ability to think strategically and to teach others to think strategically
- Ability to rally team members around a new solution
- Believer in the importance of the role of data & analytics in decision making
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.