Media Relations Manager
Location: New York, NY
If you are someone who loves to pitch brand and executive stories, and has excellent media relationships, Hawkin’s International – a FINN partners company wants to talk to you!
In this role you will work across account teams with a variety of clients, including luxury hospitality companies, private aviation brands, travel start-ups, leading hotels and resorts, and more.
As the Media Relations Specialist you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide ongoing intelligence and insights about thought leadership
- Craft compelling stories
- Work on new business pitches and presentations
- Grow relationships with top-tier media at the national and regional levels
- Achieve high-impact placements
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a positive self-starter who’s passionate and driven by pitching and securing media!
- Demonstrate an ability for strategic thinking and possess an intellectual curiosity
- Possess established business and broadcast connections
- Have an awareness of today’s rapidly changing news environment.
- Possess an advanced ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline-drive environments
- Demonstrate a proven track record of placing stories in media outlets.
Additionally, we are looking for:
- 3 -5 years’ experience in media relations (thought leadership, social impact/sustainability, executive visibility, media training for the C-Suite)
- Established relationships with reporters and editors contributing to national business and consumer media outlets are essential
- The ability to identify speaking engagements at industry conferences, webinars, and events for key executives and clients Experience identifying and applying to key awards on behalf of clients
- Excellent writing skills, great attention to detail
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal communications skills, poise, and professionalism
- Experience in high-end travel or luxury brands is a plus.
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
Hawkins International, a FINN Partners Company, is seeking a savvy, highly motivated media relations specialist to join our growing team.
One of NYC’s leading global luxury travel PR firms, we are seeking a results-driven media relations professional with a passion for securing placements across verticals—from trend stories in top consumer outlets to business profiles in emerging thought leadership outlets to podcast placements.
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.