Media Planner (2 to 3 years of experience)
Location: Chicago or Detroit
Finn Partners is one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing global integrated communications and marketing agencies. We are looking for a Media Planner to join our growing team who will work with our local and national paid media team members to support execution and measurement for all media efforts. He/she will own their plans, reports, and recommendations – seeing campaigns from start to finish, and will continue to hone their media planning and buying skills.
We have had a lot of growth since our founding in 2011, we’ve won many exciting brands, but we’re still entrepreneurial at heart — every team member plays to the team and culture. We pride ourselves in our multi-specialty, crossover teams who bring diverse perspectives to clients. Our clients range from super innovative start-ups/challenger brands to Fortune 500 clients looking to continually grow in their market.
- Participate in development of integrated media plans and strategies
- End-to-end management of media campaigns
- Manage billing for all media accounts, alongside Accounting counterparts
- Implement and monitor tracking of KPIs and overall ROI, including all ad operation functions (tagging, analytics, ad serving, etc.)
- Execute a wide variety of online media (including display, video, paid social, paid search, digital audio, content marketing, email marketing, native, etc.) and/or offline media (print, TV, radio, OOH, OTT, podcasts)
- Account Support as needed, including meeting preparation and coordination, presentation builds, POVs, creative spec collections, etc.
- Prepare and manage client authorizations and insertion orders
- Construct and deliver detailed reports on a monthly basis, as well as manage ongoing optimizations
- Presentation of key media deliverables to internal and client teams
- Maintain status reports and/or department documents
- Foster partnerships with vendors and other 3rd parties
- Stay up-to-date with media trends and best practices
- Learn the latest media platforms/tools
- G Suite (sheets, docs, slides), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Self-serve social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat)
- Google Marketing platform (Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio)
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and identify key insights
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines
- 1-3 years advertising or media agency experience ideal
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of professional work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeing your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.