Director of Visual Storytelling
Location: preference New York or Los Angeles; remote considered
FINN Partners is looking for an expert storyteller, able to create video content that stands out. The ideal candidate loves visual storytelling, thinks outside the box, embodies creativity, and can execute high quality videos with efficiency.
Your role will be to inspire clients on creative video ideas, concept video creative executions, and create and produce video content. You are equal parts conceptual and execution and are willing to bring ideas big and small to life through video. The Director of Visual Storytelling will be responsible for creating and producing high quality video content for websites, social media platforms and other various media channels.
Candidates must be able to take direction and pay attention to detail, while having excellent communications skills.
- Create, shoot, produce and edit video content on a variety of themes, including product, lifestyle, brand awareness, education, social media content, commercials and short narrative documentaries.
- Manage and collaborate with outside vendors, agencies, or video crews when larger scoped projects occur.
- Collaborate with creative and brand teams to ensure project expectations are aligned and met.
- Ensure all assets are aligned with the brand’s visual aesthetic, tone of voice, style, and personality.
- Facilitate, gather and maintain digital assets and footage for all platforms.
- 5+ years of experience producing and editing video for social media and video ads, with the ability to edit short and long form content.
- Skilled in script writing and executing videos from concept to completion.
- Proficient in operating production and video editing software and equipment, such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, and Adobe After Effects.
- Experienced in all aspects of video post-production including editing, sound editing, color grading, finding/pairing music, basic motion design, and asset delivery.
- Strong understanding of social media ads and trends, and experience in creating content that builds brand value.
- Ability to approach creative through a performance-focused lens, review ad performance data and identify how creative assets resonates with audience.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats as needed.
- Manage and prioritize video projects autonomously, using time and resources efficiently.
- Excellent digital media file management.
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of professional work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeing your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.