Director of Brand Planning and Strategy, Global Intelligence
Location: preference for New York or Los Angeles; remote considered
Finn Partners is one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing global integrated communications and marketing agencies. We have created a position for a Director of Brand Planning and Strategy.
The Planner will provide deep consumer understanding and insight to inform the development of marketing and communications solutions at every stage. You will synthesize the research and data to inform strategy, ideation, creative development, and campaigns. You’ll be part of a growing team inside one of the fastest growing independent communications agencies in the world, flanked by a team of smart, energetic data scientists, researchers, analysts and program managers.
You’ll lead the discovery process, directing work of junior team members, to inform strategy and ideation:
- Collaborate with agency creative, media planning, marketing technology, digital marketing, media relations, and client leadership.
- Craft inspiring creative briefs and motivating briefing sessions; represent the voice of the consumer/shopper throughout the process.
- Support strategy and creative brief through development of creative, activation and marketing plans to ensure the agency’s work reflects the insights and client business objectives
You’ll distill marketing intelligence to uncover compelling insights:
- Keep up with demographic, social, industry trends, and monitor trends in areas related to FINN sector practice areas
- Identify new sources of information and provide updates to industry sector teams and FINN offices worldwide
- Create impactful presentations that tell compelling stories, internally and for clients
- Constant curiosity, strong entrepreneurial spirit, focused on results – must be able to work autonomously or in collaboration with other teams, especially our teams
- Track record of of leveraging a data-informed, holistic view of clients, industries and audiences to drive impactful communications and marketing
- Experience in large global assignments with complex messaging challenges and diverse audiences
- An understanding of the key trends that drive consumer behavior and affect the way that brands communicate – always living at the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity
- Comfort working on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- 10-15 years of experience in marketing and/or strategic services organizations such as an advertising agency account planning department, marketing strategy, consulting firm or other relevant field. Strong agency experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge in media, digital marketing technologies and/or multi-channel planning to effectively work with those agency functions.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to support strategy development.
- Background in Account Planning, Brand Strategy, Strategic Planning, Communications Planning or other related Marketing Strategy expertise.
- Outstanding oral and written storytelling skills as well as presentation skills
- Ideally the person for this role thrives on the impact they can have on bringing ideas to life and is interested in all forms of strategy, planning and thinking.
- Ability to build case studies to help showcase our impact on clients’ business and how those experiences can help us demonstrate our abilities to new and current clients.