Content Strategist, Integrated Marketing
Location: preference for Washington, D.C. or New York; remote considered
FINN Partners is looking for a Content Strategist. But not just any Content Strategist.
Who we need:
Someone to shape the content vision for various clients across multiple sectors including but not limited to: technology, healthcare, finance, consumer products, social impact, and innovation. Our ideal candidate will not only lead strategic thinking and direction, but can churn out a quality piece of content when called upon. This person should have a firm grasp of SEO and SEM, and have a passion for building engaged audiences across any and all client channels, platforms, and mediums.
You’ll collaborate with writers, developers, UX and graphic designers, information architects, account services teams, project managers, and clients. Most importantly, you’ll have the responsibility for being the face of, and voice for, content strategy across our agency.
If you relish a challenge, love getting into the weeds—and can find your way out—and believe in usable content that’s strategically driven and audience-centered, then please consider getting in touch.
We are flexible on the Finn Partners office location that this role will be based in – San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, or Washington DC, so welcome qualified applicants from any of these locations, or qualified applicants from elsewhere in the USA who are currently relocating to any of these 5 cities.
- Develop an overarching strategic approach to emerging campaigns, and address ongoing clients’ needs for a strategic vision for their existing content.
- Provide direction to a number of individual content contributors including copywriters, graphic designers, video/podcast producers.
- Build and leverage audience research to develop messaging that moves end-users to respond to identified business goals.
- Manage an editorial calendar and process to ensure quality, timeliness, and consistency in our messaging.
- Use data to analyze the performance of targeted content and regularly report results.
- Analyze ways to optimize support content, structure, and layout – balancing strategy and experience.
- Build and lead our A/B testing and experimentation program for support content.
- Stay up to date with developments in content management, and generate new ideas to build engagement and serve audiences.
- You know enough about content marketing to develop a strategy, and you know what it takes to craft an awesome article or social post.
- Experience in developing content and strategy for digital campaigns, websites, and long form.
- You understand how social and digital platforms work, but you’re more than a tactician.
- You embrace a challenger mindset and want to see the impact of your hard work.
- You have it in your DNA to ask why, and the courage to do it in a room full of clients and agency partners.
- You get excited about joining a smaller, on-the-rise agency rather than getting lost in the shuffle of a large organization.
- You have 5-7 years of experience, including experience in content marketing.
- You’ve earned your Bachelor’s degree (BA/BFA) from a four-year accredited college or university in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- You have 3-5 years relevant combination of experience in web copy writing, content marketing, digital marketing, or a related web content creation role.
- You have proven work experience as a content writer with a customer focus
- Your experience includes writing for SEO, and you have a deep understanding of how SEO concepts influence content.
- You are knowledge about web traffic metrics.
- You have basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing.
- You possess a consistent track record of creating and instrumenting meaningful digital content that connects and converts into measurable business results.
- You have a deep understanding of standard methodologies and emerging digital technologies, with the ability to help implement them across a large organization.
- You are deeply resourceful, utilizing all resources and building internal and external relationships to drive performance.
- You possess strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to independently manage multiple projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
How To Apply:
Please upload your resume, desired salary in $ USD, your Right To Work Status (US citizen, Green Card, holder of other visa type/specify visa name please), and brief cover letter highlighting your 5-7 years of digital marketing content and strategy development experience.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.