Location: New York, Nashville, Fort Lauderdale, Chicago, Detroit
This full-time position can be located in our NYC Office location (our Global HQ where the Finance Dept. is located), or the Biller can work remotely from any of the following Finn Partners office locations: Ft. Lauderdale FL, Nashville TN, Chicago IL, or Detroit MI. It is an ideal match for a Biller who has conducted time and expense billing at a public relations or marketing agency, or at a law firm.
Finn Partners is an integrated marketing agency providing public relations, creative/advertising, and digital/social media marketing services to our clients across the globe in industries such as technology, financial services, manufacturing and trade, environmental and sustainability, consumer, sports, travel and tourism, and more. We are seeking an experienced Billing Coordinator who has 2+ years of experience doing time and expense billing.
- Conduct time and expense billing
- Manage aspects of client billing process: opening and closing job numbers, monthly billing, and submission of invoices to clients
- Coordinate with agency accounting team for revenue recognition, accruals, job cost reconciliations and A/R collections
- Monitor WIP inventory and expenses based on contract terms
- Coordinate with A/P to help resolve discrepancies with vendors & employee pass-through expenses
- Prepare and maintain all required reports, including job reports for account review, budget trackers for account teams & finance, client budget trackers, monthly billing job jackets, revenue chart based on client milestones and job reconciliations
- Process inter-job transfers as requested
- Process client billings and run pro-forma /billing drafts
- Respond to all finance, account team, and client billing inquiries
- Assist in month-end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Experience with the NetSuite software system and public relations/advertising billing practices is a plus
- 2+ years of prior work experience in time and expense billing.
- High school diploma required; college degree in finance is a plus
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic client accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate In the English language both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees, vendors, and clients in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages and fractions quickly and accurately
Please upload your resume and cover letter in MS Word, and state your target annual salary in $US Dollars.
About FINN PARTNERS:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Portland, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Washington D.C. and more. Our additional international capabilities exist through our own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.