Associate Vice President/ VP, Manufacturing & Trade PR
Location: New York; Remote considered
Associate Vice President/ VP, Manufacturing & Trade PR (NYC)
If you are eager to partner with the world’s leading companies on issues such as sustainability, robotics, supply chain or automation, consider joining our global integrated marketing agency FINN Partners – an award-winning Best Place to Work. The Manufacturing Practice of FINN Partners is seeking a seasoned Associate Vice President / Vice President to lead our public relations account teams and develop staff. Our diverse client base includes brand name international conglomerates to entrepreneurial enterprises that sell critical products and services to other companies.
In this position, you will work closely with clients to deliver integrated programs across earned, social and digital media that drive brand reputation and sales. For this role, B2B PR experience is necessary, with a working knowledge of the industrial and/or manufacturing space preferred. Experience with sustainability is a plus. Our ideal candidate has an inquisitive nature, displays resourcefulness, proactivity and flexibility and thinks creatively to generate new ideas. The candidate should also have strong organizational and problem-solving skills. The position requires the ability to think strategically and multi-task; solid presentation and speaking skills are also critical.
** During the COVID pandemic our employees are working remotely. When our CEO indicates it is time to return to our regular in-office settings, this role will be based within our NYC Global HQ. If you are only available for 100% remote work, please indicate that within your cover letter so your request can be considered by the Hire Leader.**
- Develop/cultivate relationships with client contacts and external audiences; nurture client relationships and seek out opportunities to expand the scope of business with clients.
- Recommend and implement initiatives that improve the audience’s perception of the client.
- Provide counsel, strategy and direction for accounts; productively provide ideas to clients to maximize communications results and/or anticipate issues.
- Develop, pitch, and place positive stories by and about the client in relevant business, trade, and consumer media; handle special media inquiries.
- Develop or review materials (e.g., pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters).
- Cultivate positive client presence in all media through releases, proactive contact, and responsiveness to inquiries/requests.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications between the client and account team, consistently providing strategy and tactical updates in collaboration with the team lead
- Partner with client and other communications firms (i.e., ad agencies) to develop complete communications plans.
- Research, develop, and present new business proposals.
- Develop original research, surveys, and market studies for existing and new business proposals.
- 7+ years of related professional PR leadership experience (PR agency-based preferred).
- College degree.
- Experience budgeting programs and managing client finances.
- Comprehensive experience in and understanding of public relations and media relations.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to plan strategically and globally.
- Strong oral, writing, and editing skills.
- Skill at developing/delivering presentations for clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to understand the experiences of other Finn Partners employees and incorporate them into successful business strategies.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings.
Upload your resume, cover letter and your target salary in US Dollars please. While we respect that many applicants are “open” or “negotiable”, we are seeing a dollar figure from you regarding your target salary please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has 850+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.