Associate Vice President / Vice President, Technology
Location: New York or Boston
Associate Vice President / Vice President , Technology
Finn Partners, an award winning global integrated marketing agency continues to expand. We are seeking a seasoned Associate Vice President – Vice President for our NYC technology public relations practice. (This role can be based in our NYC office or in our Boston office.)
Our PR TECH team at Finn Partners is one of the best in the industry. We seek an executive to join us who is passionate about communications, ready to roll up their sleeves, and contribute to the success of the team. This is an opportunity to oversee planning and execution of client programs, as well as grow new business. You will join one of the leading agency technology teams working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. Applicants must have extensive agency and professional public relations experience to effectively manage and grow client campaigns. This position will also pursue, develop, and lead new business presentations, manage and cultivate staff members, and help set the tone for how the business is managed.
- Identify new client relationship opportunities for our public relations TECH practice. Assist the Partner of the TECH practice in activities to pitch and win new client business.
- Develop and grow new senior level client relationships.
- Nurture and sustain existing client relationships, and seek out opportunities to expand scope of business with our clients.
- Develop complete communications plans for clients.
- Provide counsel, strategy, and direction for accounts.
- Leverage existing relationships and create new relationships across technology trade and business media, to drive coverage on behalf of clients.
- Productively provide ideas to clients to maximize communications results and/or anticipate issues.
- Manage and professionally develop our public relations technology practice’s account staff members.
- 7+ years of prior work experience directing public relations teams and client campaigns. Prior PR work experience specializing in technology clients is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a technology field.
- Deep understanding of public relations and media relations based on prior years of relevant work experience.
- Experience thinking creatively, and planning strategically and globally.
- Experience assessing and winning potential new business opportunities.
- Adept at developing and delivering presentations/pitches to current and prospective clients.
- Ability to understand the experiences of other FP employees and incorporate them into successful business strategies.
- Strong verbal, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to generate profitability for the business.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Ability to budget programs and manage client finances.
- Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings and/or client events.
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Please state your target salary in US dollars. While we appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable”, we are seeking a dollar figure in your answer to our question about your target salary please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.