Associate Vice President, Maverick Travel Public Relations
Location: New York
Associate Vice President – Maverick Travel Public Relations
Maverick Creative, a Finn Partners company, is seeking a smart, savvy and driven Associate Vice President to join our growing team and lead an exciting roster of public relations travel and lifestyle hospitality client accounts. We offer a unique opportunity – the chance to contribute your passion, energy and talents in an entrepreneurial environment while collaborating, learning and growing your career with an amazing local and global team.
We are an NYC-based, full-service creative communications agency specializing in travel and lifestyle communications, social media and content creation. We’re a passionate, talented group of go-getters who pride ourselves on a razor-sharp awareness of trends and what’s next. Our clients are (humble brag) the best in the travel biz, if we do say so ourselves, and include Thompson Hotels, Park Hyatt, Arlo Hotels, Rocco Forte Hotels, RVshare, and others.
We currently offer the following perks:
- Generous time-off policy with extra time off during the summer and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Hotel stays
- Company travel + consumer discounts (from rental cars to Tiffany’s!)
- Complimentary reservations of company house in upstate NY
- Frequent happy hours and team outings
- Wellness subsidy
- Affordable, comprehensive health insurance
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH schedule
You will join a fun, strong, expanding team working on public relations client accounts for global lifestyle hospitality brands, independent and boutique hotels and buzzy travel services and start-ups. You will lead by fully understanding client objectives, contributing to PR strategic initiatives, and overseeing and executing daily client account activity. In this role, work travel and a valid passport are required!
This role is based in our New York office; Ideally, qualified job applicants will reside in the NYC tri-state area and be available for NYC-area client meetings + WFH schedules. WFH qualified applicants residing in the USA Eastern, USA Central time or USA Pacific time zones who are able to regularly travel to NYC for client events and meetings will also be considered for this role.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of accounts, from providing strategic counsel to clients, developing and executing PR plans, to editing and reviewing press releases and reports.
- Manage client teams, including delegating responsibilities to team members and evaluating their work.
- Oversee junior team members’ development, including providing education, motivation and constructive criticism where necessary.
- Serve as the voice of authority on all PR-related matters to clients.
- Be a thought leader when it comes to creative ways to integrate social media (blogs, Twitter, etc.) with traditional PR initiatives.
- Work closely in integrated teams to ensure seamless coordination between digital activities, PR programs and creative campaigns
- Participate in all aspects of new business development including research, audits, proposal development and pitch presentations
- Maintain high-level editorial/journalistic/media contacts.
- Execute PR initiatives including media events, media appointments, press trips, etc.
- 6+ years of prior PR agency experience working on consumer client accounts; PR travel or hospitality client experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience successfully driving external programs—media relations, social media, thought leadership—and/or internal corporate communications programs; Has established relationships with top-tier travel, hospitality and lifestyle media contacts
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven problem-solving ability
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills both oral and written (including editing skills)
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your travel public relations prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Maverick Creative:
Maverick Creative is an NYC-based creative communications agency specializing in modern storytelling for travel and lifestyle clients. Media-forward, digitally visionary and deeply experienced with eyes on the next horizon, Maverick Creative combines razor-sharp awareness of industry trends and a tight embrace of contemporary storytelling with partnership development, content creation, experiential events, executive thought leadership and of-the-moment social media campaigns to grab media and consumers alike. Our clients include global hospitality brands including Hyatt’s Boundless Portfolio, Arlo Hotels and Rocco Forte Hotels; independent and boutique hotels including The Point in the Adirondacks, Asbury Ocean Club in New Jersey and The Shelbourne in Dublin, and travel services like RVshare, Sentient Jet private aviation and others.
Maverick Creative is a spin-off of Finn Partners and enjoys the benefits, leadership and support of Finn’s global team.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities around the world, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C.