Associate Vice President, Integrated Communications
Location: New York, NY
Hawkins International Public Relations, a FINN Partners Agency, is seeking a savvy leader for our growing travel and luxury consumer business.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has big ideas and can manage a dynamic and growing team.
- Can provide strategic counsel to clients, develop and execute integrated PR plans that incorporate all forms of promotion from media relations, influencer marketing, organic social media, content creation and events.
- Has a strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership skills, and is eager for an opportunity to manage, mentor and inspire a vibrant team in productive and meaningful ways
- Is business savvy and knows the luxury travel and consumer industry intimately
- Has experience with high level client relations
- Is excited to collaborate across agency channels globally and nationwide
- Participates in all aspects of new business development including research, audits, proposal development and pitch presentations
- Maintains high-level editorial/journalistic/media contacts
- Is an excellent writer/storyteller.
- Loves to share their knowledge internally and with clients to keep them on-trend and ahead of the curve
- Guides creative direction for the agency and develops best practices to implement and integrate social media into our core service offerings
- Positions the agency as an innovator in the social media space, serving as an active spokesperson representing the firm on conferences/panels, develop bylined articles, blogs, etc., and identify award opportunities
- A person who is inclusive and supportive of others
- Can manage expectations of managers and manage compassionately to direct reports allowing for a productive and free flow of information to make the team and ultimately the entire agency better.
- A degree and 7+ years of public relations and social media/influencer marketing strategy experience, or comparable employment experience.
- Strong client relations skills
- Proven media and influencer relationships
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful client campaigns
- Past PR experience with the travel, hospitality and/or luxury lifestyle industries
We are seeking a seasoned pro. The ideal candidate will know how to craft, execute and manage integrated PR and social campaigns for an amazing portfolio of high-profile clients. They will have a firm grasp on how to integrate social media, influencer marketing, and content creation within public relations efforts for holistic, cross-channel communications.
Beyond skills in mastering client counsel, and designing creative integrated PR and social campaigns, this candidate will have an aptitude for spirited leadership and team engagement. There will be ample opportunities to lead, mentor and grow a savvy and collaborative team. As a natural networker with proven experience managing high-level client relationships, this candidate will be a true leader and an excellent communicator with a dynamic presence and innate passion for the integrated communications landscape and emerging industry trends.
A successful Associate VP will have a creative mind and a proven track record of executing PR campaigns, generating results, and cultivating media relationships, and experience with high-level management of influencer activations and social media campaigns. Effectively managing a small, growth-oriented team, along with excellent problem-solving, organizational, and client/team communication skills are vital to this role. We will look to this person to help the agency expand its offerings and help to grow the team.
About Finn Partners:
FINN Partners is a great place to work, but don’t take our word for it. We’ve been voted “#1 Best Agency to Work For” in the Extra-Large Agency Category by PR Week. Plus, FINN has ranked in the top five nearly every year since our founding a decade ago.
Our intrepid crew shares an entrepreneurial spirit that attracts talent from agencies large and small. Interestingly, we often welcome, former colleagues back to the fold after they’ve confirmed the grass is not greener elsewhere, or they return as clients when they want to work with the best.
All choose FINN because of our cause-minded approach, collaborative culture, commitment to excellence, ethical leadership and exciting roster of clients. Our people are deeply loyal to FINN because the FINN team is deeply loyal to each other. Finn is committed to representing a different breed of agency. Will you join us?