Assistant Account Executive, Technology PR Agency
Location: New York;
Associate Account Executive – Public Relations Technology clients (NYC)
Location: The AAE position is part of our Finn Partners New York, NY Office’s Technology public relations team. This is an in-office role and we seek qualified applicants residing in the NYC metropolitan area who are available for immediate hire for this full time, direct hire role.
Finn Partners, a dynamic integrated marketing global agency, has an opening for an Associate Account Executive for its expanding public relations New York technology practice. Our team is one of the best in the industry. We seek people who are passionate about communications, and are ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the success of the team. This is an opportunity to work with clients who are leader in their technology sectors, including those focused on remote work, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, sustainability, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and consumer devices/technologies. We embody our CEO’s favorite phrase “work hard and play nice”, and are a team of kind, collaborative, dedicated public relations pros.
You will join one of the leading agency technology teams working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. Candidates must have related prior agency based professional work experience to effectively manage and grow client campaigns. This position will also pursue, develop, and lead new business presentations, manage and cultivate staff members, and help set the tone for how the business is managed.
- Monitoring client and competitive media coverage
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Drafting pitches and conducting media outreach
- Conducting secondary research and writing measurement report drafts
- Writing news releases and other media content
- Staffing media briefings and/or events
- Participating in team brainstorms
- Supporting new business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or journalism.
- At least 1 year of prior work experience in public relations (PR agency based experience is strongly preferred). Cumulative PR internship timeframes will be counted towards the 1 year of prior PR experience.
- Prior PR agency technology practice internship experience highly desirable. Applicants without experience serving technology clients will still be considered for this position if the applicants have strong PR agency based experience in a different client practice specialty.
- Familiarity with public relations/communications programs as evidenced through coursework, internships, or related work experience.
- An interest and desire to work with technology clients.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to adapt to new situations/challenges.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Experience with measurement tools (i.e., TrendKite) highly preferred, but not required.
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeking your answer to this question in $US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.