Assistant Account Executive, Technology PR Agency
Location: New York; Remote considered
Associate Account Executive – Public Relations Technology clients (NYC)
Finn Partners, a dynamic integrated marketing global agency, has one job opening for an Associate Account Executive for its expanding public relations New York technology practice.
Our team is one of the best in the industry. We seek people who are passionate about communications, ready to roll up their sleeves, and contribute to the success of the team. This is an opportunity to work with clients who are leader in their technology sectors, including those focused on remote work, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, sustainability, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and consumer devices/technologies.
You will join one of the leading agency technology teams working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. Candidates must have related prior agency based professional work experience to effectively manage and grow client campaigns. This position will also pursue, develop, and lead new business presentations, manage and cultivate staff members, and help set the tone for how the business is managed.
- Monitoring client and competitive media coverage
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Drafting pitches and conducting media outreach
- Conducting secondary research and writing measurement report drafts
- Writing news releases and other media content
- Staffing media briefings and/or events
- Participating in team brainstorms
- Supporting new business initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR or journalism.
- At least 1 year of prior work experience in public relations (PR agency based experience is strongly preferred). Cumulative PR internship timeframes will be counted towards the 1 year of prior PR experience.
- Prior PR agency technology practice internship experience highly desirable. Applicants without experience serving technology clients will still be considered for this position if the applicants have strong PR agency based experience in a different client practice specialty.
- Familiarity with public relations/communications programs as evidenced through coursework, internships, or related work experience.
- An interest and desire to work with technology clients.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to adapt to new situations/challenges.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Experience with measurement tools (i.e., TrendKite) highly preferred, but not required.
Please upload your resume, cover letter (and indicate the website where you store your samples of work), and state your target annual salary in $USD. While we greatly appreciate that most applicants are “open” or “negotiable” regarding salary, we are seeking your answer to this question in US Dollars please.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, “Best Agency to Work For” in 2013 and “Best New Agency” in 2012 by the industry’s Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 850 employees, with offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Boston, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will respond to the applications most closely aligned with the requirements of this position.