Assistant Account Executive, Midwest PR Practice
Location: Chicago or Detroit
Assistant Account Executive, Midwest Public Relations
This is a PR agency position that requires 1-2 years of prior PR agency work experience. There is 1 open position and it can be located either in our Chicago, IL Office, or in our Detroit, MI office.
Be an integral part of one of the fastest-growing integrated public relations and marketing agencies. We’re looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join either our Chicago or Detroit office. This person will be a resourceful, self-starter who shares our Work Hard|Play Nice values and can’t wait to be part of our bustling and collaborative team.
Our Assistant Account Executives service multiple accounts handling core public relations, marketing and social media/digital tasks. This includes building and maintaining media lists, establishing media relationships, influencer engagement, conducting industry research and drafting media materials. We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate strong communication and time management skills and showcase an ability to consistently manage deadlines.
- Compile comprehensive, targeted media lists, actively pitch media and secure traditional and social media placements against client goals, shifting approach for optimal results
- Monitor, track and report traditional and social media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments, flag for appropriate team members
- Identify trade reporters, business reporters and influencers
- Proactively consume traditional and social media outlets that are relevant to client business
- Execute social networking, media campaigns and influencer outreach
- Exhibit solid grasp of AP style and draft all media materials based on these guidelines
- Write, proof and edit client-related documents based on outline or direction from supervisor; may include pitches, press materials and meeting reports
- Prepare initial draft of client updates, as needed and requested; deliver error-free written communication
- Research industry or program-relevant topics efficiently
- Support client strategy and insights, planning and creative development for new business, client programs and organic client growth opportunities
- Participate in client meetings and presentations, as needed
- Stay informed on the latest trends in digital and social media communications
- Has entrepreneurial spirit, drive and strong work ethic
- Exudes passion, creativity and enthusiasm throughout each agency project and client interaction
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills — able to evaluate self and client work and key learnings and implications that help ensure ongoing improvement for the agency
- Creative writer with solid understanding and proficiency with multiple writing styles, including business communications and AP style
- Three months to two years of relevant work experience in a marketing communications field
- Bachelor’s Degree