Account Supervisor, Travel Lifestyle Public Relations
Location: New York, Remote Considered for residents in USA Eastern or Central time zones
ACCOUNT SUPERVIOR – Travel Lifestyle Public Relations
(This is a public relations agency position for applicants with 3-4 years experience.)
Our Travel – Lifestyle public relations practice at Finn Partners is growing! Finn Partners is a global award-winning integrated marketing agency. The ideal candidate thrives on tackling new challenges every day, is passionate about their work, has 3-4 years of public relations experience working with clients in the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry, and is someone who is energized by the prospect of growing a career with many possibilities.
The ideal Account Supervisor is a resourceful, self-starter and leader who shares our Work Hard-Play Nice values and thrives on tackling new challenges every day and is passionate about all aspects of the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry. He/she/ they will be part of a strong, energetic, collaborative, and highly skilled public relations team and work on iconic global travel accounts: hotels and resorts, international destinations, luxury products, airlines and cruise lines, and travel related services.
The Account Supervisor will lead multiple projects and team members and act as a primary day to day manager for clients. You will oversee media relations strategy, client planning and execution, special events and partnership programs for travel clients. The role will lead a motivated team, and engage in a range of assignments spanning from: launches, thought leadership, social media, and stakeholder engagement ensuring client success.
The position is NYC based; applicants in US Eastern or US Central time zones who are seeking remote will be considered.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact managing overall timeline and budget, establishing your position as the client’s “go-to person”
- Manage day-to-day operations of specific public relations campaigns and programs
- Deliver high-quality programs that meet and exceed client goals
- Create public relations strategy documents incorporating earned, owned and paid tactics, goals and pitch angles
- Help develop client marketing content, including media materials, social media content, blog outreach, media pitches, bylines and Q&As
- Offer problem-solving solutions throughout program execution
- Secure new business opportunities, participate in new business networking and RFP opportunities
- PR agency experience (at least 5-7 years) working with travel and/or consumer clients
- Bilingual English-Spanish skills are a plus
- Communications Bachelor’s Degree is a plus (not requirement)
- Experience successfully driving external programs—media relations, social media, thought leadership—and/or internal corporate communications programs
- Strong knowledge of and relationships with top-tier mainstream media outlets in business, lifestyle, consumer, travel and podcasts
- Excellent writing skills and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven problem-solving ability
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills both oral and written (including editing skills)
- Experience working with Trendkite, Cision, Muckrack and other measurement platforms
For more information about our practice, please check out Travel Marketing and PR Agency – FINN Partners.
Please upload your resume in MS Word, as well as your Cover Letter. Please state your target salary in US Dollars. While we appreciate that many applicants are open or negotiable, we are seeking a dollar amount in your reply please.
About FINN PARTNERS
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has 800+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.