Account Supervisor, Financial Services Public Relations Agency
Location: New York
Account Supervisor, Financial Services Public Relations Agency
LOCATION: This is a direct hire, full time, public relations Account Supervisor position within the Financial Services PR team, at global award-winning public relations and integrated marketing agency – FINN PARTNERS. This public relations team is based in the Finn Partners NYC Global HQ. This role can be NYC in-office work, or hybrid, or 100% remote work based in USA Eastern, Central or Pacific time zones.
Our Financial Services public relations practice at Finn Partners is expanding the team to help continue to delight our clients with outstanding work! We’re looking for a public relations Account Supervisor with 5+ years of experience who is creative, dynamic and proactive, and who has experience developing and executing innovative programs in the financial/fintech spaces, driving media relations, and managing and mentoring more junior staff.
This public relations Account Supervisor is responsible for driving outreach strategy and securing exceptional, meaningful results; showing leadership within our group through management and mentorship; participating in new business efforts; and contributing ideas and recommendations to the execution of PR and marketing campaigns. Charged with delivering success for an exciting and diverse set of clients, this position calls for an experienced and proactive PR professional who will manage accounts. The ideal candidate will have strong media relationships, exceptional writing and pitching skills, a creative approach, be eager to lead, and enjoy working in a collaborative working environment.
Please apply if you love the thrill of a good media hit, the look of an exceptionally well-executed campaign recap, and the satisfaction of client approval on a cutting-edge strategic communications approach. Our team is made up of smart, curious, innovative, kind and collaborative people, and we’re lucky to have clients across the arenas of fintech, investing, crypto, banking, payments, and more. We proudly do what we love, and we love what we do!
- Manage PR client account work for multiple partners
- Manage day-to-day client communications and be actively involved in account management, including being the “go-to person” for questions about tactical execution, media relations, and day-to-day activities on the account
- Secure major media placements for client partners, through a solid lineup of existing relationships
- Actively build and maintain strong relationships with the media across relevant client verticals, including spotting journalist moves and/or engaging with new media contacts
- Develop written materials, including executive positioning documents and blog content for owned channels as well as communications materials including pitches, media lists, press releases, key messages, briefing books, blog posts, key messages, and bylines
- Lead client assignments and projects from beginning to end, ensuring timely execution of client deliverables and project timelines while remaining judicious of scope, budget, KPIs and manpower
- Support the development of client presentations including new business proposals, annual plans, strategy memos, and KPI/metric reports
- Ensure quality development and timely delivery of administrative client materials, including project trackers, call agendas, and action items/recaps
- Guide and lead staff, managing workloads for more junior team members
- Identify and assist in securing new business opportunities; participate in new business content development
- 5+ years of previous work experience in PR/marketing (preferably PR agency based)
- Possesses exceptional existing media relationships, with proven ability to secure quality results against a communications plan
- Brings a strong understanding of financial media (bonus points for crypto/fintech media) and established contacts at relevant print, online, and broadcast media outlets
- Self-starter who can work independently with high level guidance and oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience liaising in a client-facing role
- Strong organizational skills and the agility needed to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Team player who enjoys actively collaborating with teammates and sharing industry knowledge
- Has experience managing and mentoring multiple staff members
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Creative thinker with a fresh perspective
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Adept with a variety of measurement tools; oversight of client reporting and measurement.
- Has experience working on new business, including networking, proposal development, and presentations
- Enjoys a fun, collaborative and fast paced environment
#LI-KM1 #LI-hybrid LI#-remote
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your prior work experience in public relations, and indicate your desired salary range in $US Dollars. Please also provide the link to your professional writing samples. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. As Peter Finn says, “We work hard and play nice.”
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 850+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.