Account Executive, Travel Lifestyle Public Relations
Location: New York, Remote Considered for residents in USA Eastern or Central time zones
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – Travel Lifestyle Public Relations
Our Travel – Lifestyle public relations practice at Finn Partners is growing! Finn Partners is a global award-winning integrated marketing agency. We are looking for candidates with 2-3 years of public relations work experience with clients in the travel/tourism/hospitality industry, who are creative, eager, proactive, have experience with media relations, have strong writing skills, and who are experienced in executing innovative programs across multiple media channels.
The ideal Account Executive candidate is a resourceful, self-starter who shares our Work Hard-Play Nice values and cannot wait to be part of our bustling and collaborative Travel – Lifestyle team. The candidate thrives on tackling new challenges every day, is passionate about all aspects of the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry and is energized by the prospect of growing a career with many possibilities. He/She/They will help execute PR and marketing campaigns and be responsible for securing top-notch results. Charged with delivering success for an exciting and diverse set of clients, this position calls for an experienced and proactive PR professional who will execute day-to-day client activity while achieving consistent earned, owned, and shared media success.
The position is NYC based; applicants in US Eastern or US Central time zones who are seeking remote will be considered.
- Manage multi-account work with daily client interaction
- Secure meaningful media placements and work with media to do so
- Create and maintain positive relationships with influential media
- Identify current trends, emerging outlets, digital media platforms and tools
- Develop written materials, including press releases, fact sheets, key messages
- Participate in creative brainstorms
- Facilitation of client assignments and projects from beginning to end
- Help coordinating and executing all aspects of media events
- Oversee client recaps and reporting
- Assist with new business opportunities such as research, creative ideas etc.
- Assist in onboarding junior staff and interns, as necessary
- 2-3 years of previous work experience in PR/marketing, preferably at an agency
- Bilingual English- Spanish is a plus
- Has existing media relationships; has proven ability to secure quality placements
- Creative thinking and ability to seamlessly transition between clients
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong research and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Effective listening and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple client initiatives, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of digital and all social media platforms
- Experience working with Trendkite, Cision, Muckrack and other measurement platforms
For more information about our practice, please check out Travel Marketing and PR Agency – FINN Partners.
Please upload your resume in MS Word, as well as your Cover Letter. Please state your target salary in US Dollars. While we appreciate that many applicants are open or negotiable, we are seeking a dollar amount in your reply please. Please state languages you are fluent in.
About FINN PARTNERS
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Headquartered in New York City, the company has 800+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.