Account Executive/Senior Account Executive,Higher Education
Location: Washington D.C.
Finn Partners is currently seeking an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive to join our Higher Education practice to deliver outstanding public relations services to colleges and universities as well as non-profit organizations and corporations that support higher education.
If you are a consumer of news and a naturally curious person, this position is for you. Candidates should have demonstrated ability in building and leading traditional relations programs, along with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Experience working in education or ed tech is a plus. We offer a people-oriented, collaborative environment and an opportunity to grow and learn from colleagues.
- Intensive media pitching to secure top tier and trade media opportunities for clients (i.e.: identify appropriate reporters/outlets for pitching, develop relationships with beat reporters and producers; swiftly capitalize on trending news to provide expert commentary)
- Devise creative strategies to maximize traditional and social media
- Write pitches, backgrounders, talking points, etc., and build/maintain accurate media lists
- Deliver high-quality results that meet and exceed client goals, tracking work through agreed upon metrics and producing reports for clients
- Collaborate with other Finn Partners practice teams as is appropriate (Health, Integrated Marketing, Tech, etc.)
- Manage priorities and time among several client teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two to three years’ agency experience (work on higher education-related clients a plus) or in a communications role at a college/university, in other education or ed tech companies
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of media outlets – and coverage results
- Experience executing traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
Please upload your resume and upload your cover letter detailing your recruitment prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.