Account Executive/Senior Account Executive, Public Relations Agency
Location: New York, NY
Account Executive / Senior Account Executive, Public Relations Agency
LOCATION: This role is with a New York, NY department. Qualified applicants living in the New York City metropolitan area seeking in-office or hybrid in-office/work from home are desired. Qualified applicants residing in metropolitan Boston or Chicago who seek hybrid in-office/work from home in those cities will also be considered.
FINN Partners (a global integrated marketing agency) is seeking a public relations agency Account Executive (AE) and a public relations agency Senior Account Executive (SAE) ready to join a fast paced, creative team to work on international client assignments. There are two job openings fillable by wither job title (dependent upon candidate’s work experience).
You will work closely with major clients on their public relations accounts focusing on sustainability and environmental issues, as well as product innovations for healthcare, food safety and packaging, air quality and more. Our goal is to create real-world global impact for our clients and their solutions.
Our ideal candidate has an inquisitive nature, displays resourcefulness, proactivity and flexibility and thinks creatively to generate new ideas. The candidate should also have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be detail oriented and be able to see projects to completion on deadline. The position requires the ability to think strategically and multi-task.
Our diverse client base ranges from Fortune 100 organizations to entrepreneurial regionally focused companies that operate in industries such as sustainability and environmental solutions, pharmaceuticals, robotics and automation.
Core responsibilities include:
- Helping execute several client programs as directed by senior staff. This includes keeping teams and deliverables organized, ensuring they meet internal or client requirements, and that work is performed to established standards.
- Creating a variety of public relations and marketing content. The AE or SAE must display an understanding of PR writing and possess a solid writing foundation. Examples of content the AE or SAE will write include case studies, press releases, social media posts and website copy. The AE or SAE may also receive technical documents/data from our clients to use as the basis for creating public relations documents to be shared with the media.
- Serving as a day-to-day contact with clients (in conjunction with other team members).
- Being an active participant in team and client meetings, including contributing ideas.
- Conducting media relations efforts to generate targeted publicity in trade and business media.
- Creating media pitches.
- Cultivating relationships with key client contacts as well as members of the media.
- Supervising and guiding junior team members, including interns.
- Regularly articulating ideas for organic business growth and agency improvement and participating in proposal development.
- 3 or more years of full-time work experience in an agency or corporate setting.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Media relations experience, including developing pitches and/or engaging with the media to generate coverage.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Displays proactivity, flexibility and adaptability.
- Experience using a range of digital and social media tools.
- Aptitude for understanding and interest in technology-based businesses.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic attitude and curious nature. who enjoys working with other talented people in a creative, collaborative and fast-paced environment
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your PR prior work experience, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. As Peter Finn says, “We work hard and play nice.”
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1000+ employees, with offices in cities including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington D.C. Find us at and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.