Account Director, Integrated Marketing
Location: New York, NY
Located in New York candidates in the D.C. and San Francisco areas may also be considered for this role.
Finn Partners, a dynamic and fast-growing global integrated communications and marketing firm, is looking for an accomplished Account Director to join the team.
Finn Account Directors set the successful vision for how an account should run and their performance is measured by their ability to proactively develop and deploy the processes, resources and tools needed to meet and exceed client expectations. They understand complex business and marketing challenges and guide clients through these challenges, helping them to set and achieve marketing objectives.
As a Finn Account Director you will be the primary consultant to the client, and will direct the internal team on all aspects related to that client relationship. You will handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, keeping a close eye on both the macro and micro view of accounts. You will also act as a resource and support for other junior team members and contributing to their growth and progression.
- Build a positive consultative relationship with the client, acting as the account’s main advisor and looking for opportunities to grow existing business, including taking opportunities to visit clients in-person.
- Develop opportunities to cross sell and upsell services within existing accounts
- Collaborate with Finn team to develop and manage client strategy
- Anticipate and resolves problems associated with projects to ensure client satisfaction
- Participate in meetings with all functional areas, from creative to PR
- Oversee day-to-day details of ongoing projects and ensures quality control of creative work
- Serve as the internal point of contact for project details
- Track and maintain project budgets, manage account billing and client expectations around budgets, schedules and project scope
- Coordinate and support direction of new business pitches
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience with 3-5 years agency experience in an account leadership role
- 3 years managing teams and dotted line reports
- A deep understanding of marketing and an omni-channel approach to strategy development and execution
- Deep understanding of Integrated Marketing product and service offerings and ability to oversee a team, strategy and execution
- A sense of empathy; a player-coach mentality in supporting internal teams and junior staff members
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure with excellent communication, management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate and adapt to different work styles, comfort sometimes working in “gray areas”
- Excellent public speaker
- A solutions-oriented problem solver and strategic thinker
- A team player and able to manage junior staff members directly and indirectly
- Energized by the management of multiple complex projects
- Preferred prior health care industry experience
- Experienced in G Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree
Please upload your resume and cover letter, and indicate your desired salary in $US Dollars. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in 2011 to realize Peter Finn’s vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Practice areas include arts, consumer lifestyle & sports, corporate social responsibility, education, health, manufacturing, technology, travel, and public affairs.
We are entrepreneurial-minded, global, and focused on integrated programs that bring to life the world-changing technologies, products, and services of our client partners.
Our company culture celebrates delighting our clients with innovative and creative campaigns and programs, and we provide opportunities for our employees to conduct career-meaningful work in a creative, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment. We work hard and play nice.
Headquartered in New York City, the agency has 1,000+ employees, with offices in 24 cities around the world: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Dublin, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Fort Lauderdale, Frankfurt, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Tamuning (Guam), Vancouver (Wash.) and Washington D.C.